Baby Corner

Old 06-11-08, 04:13 PM
is excited to be TTC
mama to 2 boys

Thanked 87 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Question Contrax

Ok, since 2:28, I have been having contrax about every 10 mins. They haven't gotten any closer but they haven't stopped either. They really hurt across my tummy. Is this just wishful thinking on my part.

Old 06-11-08, 05:36 PM
is a Mommy of 4!
~Christina~

Thanked 219 Times
Weekly Activity 120%

I'd call the Dr! Or time them for two hours after emptying your bladder and drinking a glass of water. If you have 12 or more in 2 hours, that's considered active labor!
Thank you koala_kaper!
hayley27 (06-12-08)

Old 06-11-08, 06:26 PM
Mom to Eli and Owen

Thanked 55 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

how are they now??
Thank you LeAnnimal!
hayley27 (06-12-08)

Old 06-11-08, 06:51 PM
is a mother of 2 beautiful kids!
Grounded Dreamer

Thanked 510 Times
Level: 9
Weekly Activity 67520%

Sounds like BH to me. We talked extensivly about this in childbirth class. If they don't get stronger, especially after you changed positions, (laying down to sitting up, etc) then it is most likely not real contractions. My teacher also said that real contractions usually start in the back and work their way to the front and then up your stomach like a girdle.
Thank you MrsS1stbaby!
hayley27 (06-12-08)

Old 06-11-08, 11:30 PM
Community Member

Thanked 30 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

With my other 2 I would have cx every 7 min for a few hours. Then it would stop. The weird thing is I used to get them every Sunday night for like 3 weeks straight! You maybe practicing but you may want to get checked out as you are too early to have that baby! Need to wait at least 2 more weeks. You want to be able to bring that baby right home with you.
Thank you jillrn!
hayley27 (06-12-08)
Post Reply Post New Topic  

Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

July 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner
July 2018 Winner
Congratulations Willow!

Calculators & Tools