Baby Corner

Old 01-09-09, 06:40 PM
is A blessed Wife and Mommy
Loving our babies!!

Thanked 795 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 0.37%
Default Just told my BF!!

I just got off the phone with my best friend and telling her that I am pregnant! That was soooo fun! She has two kids and couldn't wait for me to have babies (we have known each other since we were 13). She was so supportive when we were going through fertility stuff so she was VERY excited to find out we were 10 weeks pregnant. We told my DH's BF last night- this is SO MUCH FUN!! It feels so much more real telling people. DH told EVERYONE at his work today too! We were going to wait until we were 12 weeks, but with my little baby belly sticking out we were afraid people would figure it out anyway. We are having so much fun telling people and I can't wait to tell my co-workers on Monday!

Old 01-09-09, 08:56 PM
is shocked!
Moma to 3 amazing kids!

Thanked 986 Times
Weekly Activity 9.63%

THats so exciting isnt it? I love telling ppl. However I have only told DH, a close coworker and her daughter. None of our family knows yet. We are waiting until after our US to make sure everything is ok and where it needs to be in there with our little miracle.

Old 01-09-09, 10:03 PM
Community Member

Thanked 166 Times
Weekly Activity 0.37%

I love to tell ppl someone tonight i saw and they were like oh he's getting so big (DS) and they were like its about time for another huh? I was like ya I'm pregnant...so fun but I def. cound't wait till 12 weeks so hats off to you for holding out that long

Old 01-09-09, 11:34 PM
is loving my girls!
Community Member

Thanked 49 Times
Weekly Activity 0.37%

That's wonderful Heidi. Sounds like you have a really great friend there.

We have told our immediate family and only a couple of close friends. I also felt I had to tell my boss & our team leader.
I'm really hoping to wait till the 12 weeek mark as well, but it might be tricky. Where I work it can get a little dangerous, so it's hard to not go and assist my co-workers with an aggressive pt when it's normally my job. The minute I decline from going to help, people will figure out somethings up. People will put two and two together real quick. I'm debating just telling everyone so it's out in the open. Maybe I will wait till after next weeks u/s.

Old 01-10-09, 03:29 PM
is loving being a Mum to a miracle
British Community Leaders

Thanked 283 Times
Weekly Activity 4.07%

We waited 10 years to get our BFP, there was no way I could keep it a secret!!!

In any case, all my colleagues knew we were doing IVF as I was away for lots of scans and appointments, and then I was off the 2 weeks from EC (egg collection) until the OTD. As soon as I got back everyone was waiting with bated breath to find out the result.

But in any case I couldn't have kept it a secret, the day I got back one of the management staff got me to sign a risk assessment that said no moving and handling service users, no intervention with any challenging behaviour, and no pushing manual wheelchairs. So everyone would have found out anyway!!
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

March 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner
March 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Wasim!

Calculators & Tools