Baby Corner

Baby, Trying to Conceive and Pregnancy Message Boards

Member Login

Baby Corner Message Board > Welcome to TBC! > Meet & Greet! Can anyone guide me please?

Can anyone guide me please?

Post Reply Post New Topic  

Old 10-28-17, 12:16 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 500%
Smile Can anyone guide me please?

How much time does it for a clinic to find a surrogate mother? How is the process I mean how does the clinic finds it? What do they need to match and all? If someone cannot use their own eggs do they have to their own egg donor? or the clinic will provide with one on their own?

Old 11-01-17, 10:56 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 200%

Hello there June. It is nice to see more and more people asking about surrogacy. This shows that the awareness is spreading. It is a positive trend because I believe it is one of the best solutions to infertility. The answers to your questions differ for each clinic. This is because not every clinic operates the same way. The clinic I know of delivers results in the shortest possible time. Since they regularly work with surrogate mothers, so they can quickly find one. The matching process is done by the clinic. It is completed in less than 3 months. On the other hand, if you require an egg donor too, then you need to select that yourself. Although the clinic helps you there too with the big donor database they have. They provide you with a database of donor and you can select one from there. If you go to some other clinic the timeline might differ. Like I said before, every clinic operates in their own unique way.

Old 11-01-17, 11:32 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 200%

Hello there. The answers to your questions can vary. Especially since you haven't specified any clinic. Each clinic has a different method of operation. So, of course, the timeframes vary accordingly too. Despite that let me tell you what I do know. The clinic I know about offers surrogacy. With them, you have the option of choosing an egg donor. If you need one that is. Alternately, you can simply just go with a surrogate mother. How it works is this. You and your partner shortlist a donor form a list. This list is provided by the clinic. Meanwhile, the surrogate mother is selected by the clinic. You don't get to have a say in that. In my case, it took around 3 months to find a donor and a surrogate mother.

Old 11-01-17, 11:58 AM

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 200%

Hello. That depends. On the clinic, you go to. Also, on how they do these things at the clinic. I think most clinics help with choosing a surrogate mother. Despite that, if you have a suitable surrogate mother in mind, then many clinics will be willing to consider her. Although I think that it is better to let the clinic handle that. This helps avoid complications later on. Clinics work with surrogate mothers often so they know how it works. Same is the case with egg donors. If you can't be stimulated yourself then you need a donor. For that again consult the clinic. I know of a clinic that lets you choose the donors. The catch is that you can only select one from the list they give you. Meanwhile, the surrogate is chosen by the clinic. The whole process takes around 3 months.

Old 11-01-17, 01:12 PM

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 400%

Hello. That depends. On the clinic, you go to. Also, on how they do these things at the clinic. I think most clinics help with choosing a surrogate mother. Despite that, if you have a suitable surrogate mother in mind, then many clinics will be willing to consider her. Although I think that it is better to let the clinic handle that. This helps avoid complications later on. Clinics work with surrogate mothers often so they know how it works. Same is the case with egg donors. If you can't be stimulated yourself then you need a donor. For that again consult the clinic. I know of a clinic that lets you choose the donors. The catch is that you can only select one from the list they give you. Meanwhile, the surrogate is chosen by the clinic. The whole process takes around 3 months.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools