Baby Corner

Old 06-14-12, 06:44 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 62.5%
Default eating disorder

hello all moms to be! just wanted to have some feedback if any of you have ever had or have friends who have had an eating disorder (bulimia) during pregnancy. I am 16 weeks pregnant and very worried about harming the baby with my weird eating habits. I am more or less helathy and eat fruit, veggies protein mostly every day but around twice a week I explode and binge on junk food and then purge.
I know its easy to say that if I'm worried I harm the baby I should stop...its a little more complicated than that, I have been on/off the disease for almost 20 yrs now...
bye to all 4 now and thnx for any advice

Old 06-14-12, 12:19 PM
is loving her husband and children!
Administrator

Thanked 1,189 Times
Level: 10
Weekly Activity 5379.38%

to The Baby Corner. Congratulations on your pregnancy. I can understand the complications you're facing but it sounds like you recognize the importance of caring for your baby ahead of everything else.

I would recommend being very honest with your OB/midwife and also seeking the help of a counselor as you progress through your pregnancy. As Baby continues to grow, he/she will need more nutrients to gain weight and grow appropriately so to ensure that that happens, I think it would be in both of your best interests to surround yourself with as many professionals as possible. Also, you can keep in contact with the ladies here and we'll suppport you as much as we can, too.

Again, welcome to TBC.

Latest Articles
Interpreting Your Pregnancy Dreams
Many pregnant women experience strange dreams that seem to come out of nowhere. Find out what your dreams during pregnancy might mean.

How to Calculate Your Pregnancy Calorie Needs
How many calories you eat depend on many factors. Find out the formula used to estimate how many daily calories you need during your pregnancy.

What Will Your Fertility Chart Look Like If You Are Pregnant?
If you're curious to know if you are pregnant, or not, and the pregnancy test results are negative, looking at your fertility chart can help.

Heavier Birth Weight Equals Higher IQ
A paper out of Northwestern University shows that a heavier weight at birth may be linked to smarter children with higher IQ test scores.

Kate and the Next Royal Baby Update
Where has Kate been? Get the latest scoop on Kate Middleton and her royal baby number two.

September 2014 Baby Photo Contest Winner

Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations romasa!

Calculators & Tools