Baby Corner

Baby, Trying to Conceive and Pregnancy Message Boards

Lost Your Password?

Baby Corner Message Board > Welcome to TBC! > Meet & Greet! Welcome to Baby Corner! [PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING!]

Welcome to Baby Corner! [PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING!]

Post Reply Post New Topic  

Old 05-12-12, 02:25 PM
Believe, Hope, Endure!

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 2
Weekly Activity 127.27%

Conny - the only thing I had to quit was coffee which was fine at first b/c I was not feeling good. Now (6 wks today) all my symptoms are gone. I feel great (except for a nagging headache) and I want coffee!!! lol But, I'm not gonna. I've started walking two miles a day and trying to stay away from sugar. This was surely not in my plans, but I am very excited about it!!

Old 05-12-12, 02:27 PM
Believe, Hope, Endure!

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 2
Weekly Activity 127.27%

Hi Coriann. Sounds like you're in the right place!! I'm glad to find others with a 9 and 10 yr. gap b/t kids! Congratulations!!!

Old 05-13-12, 12:31 PM
is happy w/ life
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 18.18%

Helloand HAppy Mothers Day Ladies =) this is my first post! Am excited because I sure do need support! This is my 5th, yes, I know... =) My oldest is 9. So far I am 11 weeks pregnant. Just found out. I had been going through stressful times before I found out and dropped to the weight of 128. I am worried at how rapid I am gaining because I am up to 140 right now. Not sue if it is because when I was stressing I just evenntually stopped eating all together so my health was real bad. At first I thought it was still stress, but my weight climbed fast and I am starting to show now. Help with any comments or ideas. Thank you all so much.

Old 05-14-12, 09:42 AM
is blessed
Mom of Two

Thanked 36 Times
Level: 6
Weekly Activity 1446.36%

Welcome to Baby Corner Glitterrocks! And congratulations of becoming a Mom!! And wow for #5!!!

I'm sorry you have been going through such a stressful time. I'm the same way. When I'm stressed I lose my appetite and stop eating. I don't lose weight though. I gain.

A lot of time when you stop eating and drop weight so quickly, you will gain that weight back plus more. If you stop eating enough food, you will lose weight because your body grabs the nutrients it's needs from stores. Then when you start eating again, your body will want to store a lot of the food to replenish what you lost to prevent starvation.

Most likely you are gaining because now you are eating, and because you are pregnant, your body is storing as much as it can to have reserves for the baby.

The best thing to do is make sure you are eating the right amount of healthy foods, so your body will be plenty nourished and not store the food you eat. You will need to eat about 300-400 more calories than you did before to compensate for the baby which is basically eating an extra meal.

To find out how many calories you need go here

Then add 300-400 calories to this number for baby.

[edited to add]

You need to tell you doctor about the rapid weight gain as well.

Last edited by Elizabeth; 05-14-12 at 09:54 AM.

Old 07-04-12, 01:54 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 9.09%

Aloha, just joined TBC, first time mommy and will be welcoming a beautiful babygirl into this world on 8/27/12

Latest Articles
Boost Your Fertility With Diet
Boosting your chances of conceiving can be as simple as making a few changes in your nutrition and diet, starting today.

Humor in Pregnancy and Parenthood a Necessity!
There sure are stressful times during pregnancy, and in being a parent, but humor in pregnancy and parenthood is a must have if you're going to survive!

Baby Development: When Will Baby Be Rolling Over
Find out when to expect your baby to roll over, how to know he's ready, and how to keep your baby safe when the rolling begins.

When Becoming Parents Kills Your Coupledom
It's a common problem after baby arrives to forget about the most important part of your family: Your Marriage. Find out why marriages seem to fall apart after baby, and how to get back to being the couple you once were.

How to Afford a Baby in the U.S. Today
It's true that raising a baby through the college years is expensive, especially today. However, with savvy financial skills, any couple can afford a baby today. Learn how!

July 2014 Baby Photo Contest Winner

Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations bexiboo85!

Calculators & Tools