Baby Corner

Baby, Trying to Conceive and Pregnancy Message Boards

Lost Your Password?

Baby Corner Message Board > Welcome to TBC! > Meet & Greet! WOW! Honestly never saw this coming

WOW! Honestly never saw this coming

Post Reply Post New Topic  

Old 06-15-12, 11:46 AM
is shocked!
Moma to 3 amazing kids!

Thanked 986 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 23.64%
Red face WOW! Honestly never saw this coming

I was an active member back in 2008-2009 when I was ttc my dd and while preg with her. After I had her (my 3rd) we were finished having children & I had the Essure permanant sterilization procedure done. The website says is 99.95% effective & my doctor said it was more effective and less invasive than a tubal. Well on Tuesday I realized I was late & my breast were extremely sensitive so on my way home from work I bought a $1 test. Didnt think about it again. The next morning before work I figured I would just put my mind at ease and took the test fully expecting a negative result. While I was sitting there the urine was going over the test and I was surprised at how dark that line was on the test line, Still not thinking it was positive. Then it started getting darker and darker and I realized, OH CRAP, ITS POSITIVE. So I immediately call my doctor scared it was or could be ectopic. They brought me in did another urine test, positive! He said I was the FIRST person he had get preg with this procedure. (I did have the hsg to see if my tubes were blocked 3 months after, like you are supposed to, they were 100% blocked!!! He did an ultrasound and we saw a sac & the yolk saw in my uterus (thank god) & said I am 5 weeks! He thinks my tubes are still blocked so we dont know how and we dont know why but we do know that this is one determined baby. I go back in 2 weeks for another US to see the heartbeat hopefully. This is not what we planned for our family but life throws you curve balls & this is definately one of them!!!

**If you are friends with me on fb, please dont say anything as we havent told everyone yet, waiting to see the hb

Old 06-15-12, 12:31 PM
is a mother of 2 beautiful kids!
Grounded Dreamer

Thanked 510 Times
Level: 9
Weekly Activity 3069.09%

Wow, that is amazing!! Congrats and best of luck for the rest of this pregnancy!

Old 06-15-12, 01:09 PM
~~Sharyn~~

Thanked 575 Times
Level: 4
Weekly Activity 641.82%

Congratulations!
Make sure you get checked up completely. I know a lady who got pregnant after a tubal. It turned out she had cancer (ovarian or uterine?) and the cancer did something to her tubes which allowed her to get pregnant again.

Hoping its nothing like that and you have a wonderful pregnancy and miracle baby!

And find me on FB! Sharyn Meyers James

Old 06-15-12, 10:23 PM
is loving her husband and children!
Administrator

Thanked 1,189 Times
Level: 10
Weekly Activity 3912.27%

LeAnn, it's great to see you again and WOW! That's unbelieveable! I've never heard of anyone becoming pregnant after that procedure either. My OB wanted me to have that, too, but I opted not to do it.

When if the h/b ultrasound? I'll be praying for great news.

Welcome back!

Old 06-15-12, 10:48 PM
is shocked!
Moma to 3 amazing kids!

Thanked 986 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 23.64%

Thanks yall. I have done some major google research lol & it looks like a lot of women have gotten prego with this procedure around the 2 year mark. Its 2.5 for me. Deanna, the u/s is on the 26th. I will update after that

Thank you Keepers!
2babygirls (06-17-12)

Latest Articles
Boost Your Fertility With Diet
Boosting your chances of conceiving can be as simple as making a few changes in your nutrition and diet, starting today.

Humor in Pregnancy and Parenthood a Necessity!
There sure are stressful times during pregnancy, and in being a parent, but humor in pregnancy and parenthood is a must have if you're going to survive!

Baby Development: When Will Baby Be Rolling Over
Find out when to expect your baby to roll over, how to know he's ready, and how to keep your baby safe when the rolling begins.

When Becoming Parents Kills Your Coupledom
It's a common problem after baby arrives to forget about the most important part of your family: Your Marriage. Find out why marriages seem to fall apart after baby, and how to get back to being the couple you once were.

How to Afford a Baby in the U.S. Today
It's true that raising a baby through the college years is expensive, especially today. However, with savvy financial skills, any couple can afford a baby today. Learn how!

July 2014 Baby Photo Contest Winner

Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations bexiboo85!

Calculators & Tools