Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

35 Week Appointment!

Reply Post New Topic

• KJCsabre KJCsabre's Avatar 10-11-07 | 05:45 PM
  • I had my 35 week appointment today. I had my Strep B test (no one tells you they "swab" your behind area!) and will get those results next week (Thursday again)

BUT good news is that on Monday when I thought I lost my mucus plug it was confirmed that yes it was probably that. ALSO, I'm about 1/2 cm dialated and 75% thinned. Also, she said she could feel the baby's head already!!!

Okay so I was super overwhelmed by the cool-ness and was trying to keep from bawling (emotional!) so I never asked what that means!

How much spotting is "normal" after your first internal? She said I would spot but it was bright red and a lot more than I thought it would be.
  • teddybear1082 teddybear1082's Avatar 10-11-07 | 07:01 PM
  • I just got home from my appointment and I had no idea they were going back there either! I was just going to post the same thing!
    I am a "finger tip" dilated and I didn't ask either!
  • illaheebaby 10-11-07 | 07:19 PM
  • hmm...a little blood is normal, but if it seems to be an excessive amount, or lasts more than a day, you might call your doctor.
  • bbjsmama 10-11-07 | 07:35 PM
  • lmao.. haha.. when i had my strep b done i was in the hospital.. sharing a room with another couple because l&d was so busy.. so funny.. i knew what was coming.. and im quite the outspoken person too.. so when they did it i couldnt help but like sing out "akward"ok. so maybe its not as funny as i thought before but it made my doctor laugh and well the other 3 nurses staring at my behind.. so ..
    but spotting is normal for 24 hours.. but if you need to wear a pad or have clotting you should probably get checked..
  • teddybear1082 teddybear1082's Avatar 10-11-07 | 11:10 PM
  • My doctor actually made that statement for me. He was like, ok this is going to be awkward, but at least it won't hurt!