Baby Corner

Old 06-17-08, 11:27 AM
Community Member

Thanked 5 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Default Boy or Girl?

That question shouldn't seem odd to me, but it does. We go for our u/s on July 2, and should find our the sex of our baby then if the little one cooperates of course. In a huge way, I'm so excited to find out so i can clean out my attic and start going through baby clothes, but in another, I'm afraid of being dissapointed in some way.

It's not that I really want a boy, or that I really want a girl, just that I'm not sure how i'll take knowing that there is a boy or a girl in there. My 1st pg was b/g twins, so my bases were covered. But with just one baby, I'm finding this a difficult thing to wrap my head around. I'm going to have a boy ....... or a girl, not both. That just seems like such a foreign concept. I've had 5 yrs doing the twin thing, I wonder if I'll be able to shift gears for a singleton. On top of that, i know that Thomas really wants a brother and Abi really wants a sister so I'll have that bit of turmoil to deal with, and it will be turmoil (they've started gloating over their successes) Crazy isn't it?

Old 06-17-08, 02:14 PM
Mommy to 3!

Thanked 19 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

I can imagine that going from twins to a singleton is very odd...almost like something is missing? I'm sure though that once you see your LO, it won't matter at all.

Good luck at your U/S!! I can't wait for mine either.

Old 06-17-08, 04:44 PM
is overwhelmed
CL & Mommy 2 Three

Thanked 387 Times
Weekly Activity 1220%

I am sure that this will be a fun new adventure, just as I am sure having twins was. Everything different is unsettling but I am sure you will take it all in stride. July 2nd is just around the corner. Are the kids going to the ultrasound with you?

Old 06-17-08, 09:51 PM
Community Member

Thanked 30 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

The friends I have that went thru this say the biggest difference is you actually remember the singletons babyhood and with the twins alot of it was a blurr! =)

Old 06-18-08, 12:49 AM
Community Member

Thanked 14 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Oh I can't wait to hear what ur having! Since I am not finding out I have to live through everyone else!!

I am sure once u see that little baby ur gonna be excited either way! And I am sure the twins will adjust easily! I know when I was little me and my brother use to fight over what my mom was gonna have...we were 2 yrs apart...and I wanted a sister and he wanted a brother...well he won...and yes he rubbed it in but when my little brother was here it was still fun just having a little baby to play with and spoil!
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools