Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Do you work outside the home?

Reply Post New Topic

• jaedrae jaedrae's Avatar 05-19-08 | 09:08 PM
  • I work with teenage girls at a psychiatric hospital. I have my certificate to teach high school English, but the schedule at the hospital means no daycare for DD. I run therapy groups and teach there... I like it but it is a WILD job

• MaybeBaby4 MaybeBaby4's Avatar 05-20-08 | 10:05 PM
  • I was teaching preschool before we got pregnant. Now i am teaching two's.
    I was a sahm until all my kids left me lol.
    Then i was a bored at home mom. When the baby is born i will probably keep working because i can have him or her right there at work with me. I might even switch to the infants room so i can be there all the time. I only work 4 days a week because i am on 10 hour shifts. DH does the same thing. So the little one would only need to be at work with me 3 days a week.
    I like being at the daycare, everyone there is a mom. They have all been pregnant and are understanding if i call in the morning and tell them i am going to be late because i am feeling sick or whatever. Though i am a little worried about not being with my older kids this summer. We have a summer program for the older kids. However it would probably cost more than i make to keep them there all day. So they may have to stay with a family member.
    still it's only 3 days out of the week. I am sure the boys would enjoy it...... DD gets emotional when she feels like she is missing out on any mommy time