Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Do you work outside the home?

Reply Post New Topic

• jaedrae jaedrae's Avatar 05-19-08 | 09:08 PM
  • I work with teenage girls at a psychiatric hospital. I have my certificate to teach high school English, but the schedule at the hospital means no daycare for DD. I run therapy groups and teach there... I like it but it is a WILD job

• MaybeBaby4 MaybeBaby4's Avatar 05-20-08 | 10:05 PM
  • I was teaching preschool before we got pregnant. Now i am teaching two's.
    I was a sahm until all my kids left me lol.
    Then i was a bored at home mom. When the baby is born i will probably keep working because i can have him or her right there at work with me. I might even switch to the infants room so i can be there all the time. I only work 4 days a week because i am on 10 hour shifts. DH does the same thing. So the little one would only need to be at work with me 3 days a week.
    I like being at the daycare, everyone there is a mom. They have all been pregnant and are understanding if i call in the morning and tell them i am going to be late because i am feeling sick or whatever. Though i am a little worried about not being with my older kids this summer. We have a summer program for the older kids. However it would probably cost more than i make to keep them there all day. So they may have to stay with a family member.
    still it's only 3 days out of the week. I am sure the boys would enjoy it...... DD gets emotional when she feels like she is missing out on any mommy time

Pregnancy Week by Week Personalized For You
See how your baby grows each week throughout your pregnancy with advice and tips for what to expect.

Enter Your Due Date

Latest Articles

Baby Names for Spring Babies

Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus

Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period

How to Calculate Your Baby's Conception Date

Postpartum Fatigue Busters

Research Links Surprise to Learning in Babies

Dealing With Morning Sickness While at Work