Baby Corner

Baby, Trying to Conceive and Pregnancy Message Boards

Member Login

Baby Corner Message Board > Pregnancy Message Boards > October- December Due Date Club I spent the night in the hospital.

I spent the night in the hospital.

Post Reply Post New Topic  

Old 06-06-08, 02:52 PM
Amanda,Krystal,Ambers Mom

Thanked 73 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 0.57%
Default I spent the night in the hospital.

I had been sick for four days with vomitting and diarrhea really bad, and yesterday when I woke up I was really weak and feeling horrible. I called the doctor and the doc covering for my doc told me to go to the hospital. He admitted me overnight and put me on IV fluids and something for the nausea and kept me over night to get me rehydrated. I got home about an hour ago and am feeling much much better.

Old 06-06-08, 03:00 PM
is overwhelmed
CL & Mommy 2 Three

Thanked 387 Times
Weekly Activity 34.86%

Wow how scary!! I am glad you are feeling better!

Good job on that doc being so proactive!

Old 06-06-08, 08:12 PM
Community Member

Thanked 13 Times
Weekly Activity 0.57%

Have you been eating any tomatoes? Sounds like Salmonella?
I know all of our grocery store restaurants and fast food places took all the tomatoes off the shelfs until they get it figured out?
Here is a link to an article about it. Though they are focusing mainly on Texas and new Mexico there have been a few other states with people getting ill from tomatoes!!!
Hope you get better soon!!

Old 06-06-08, 08:35 PM
Community Member

Thanked 30 Times
Weekly Activity 0.57%

There are bad stomach flu's going around right now. We have admitted a ton this week.

Old 06-07-08, 12:35 PM
Amanda,Krystal,Ambers Mom

Thanked 73 Times
Weekly Activity 0.57%

Yes I had ate a tomato the night before i got sick I had a huge salad, there are no stores selling tomatoes right now. I didnt know anything about the tomatoes though till after i had already at some. So I am thinking that yes that is what it was. I was so horribly sick it was terrible. We dont have cable TV so all we do is watch movies all day. So I had no clue that there had been a problem with the tomatoes.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

July 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner
July 2018 Winner
Congratulations Willow!

Calculators & Tools