Baby Corner

Old 01-30-06, 03:55 PM
Community Member

Thanked 64 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Default 3-D & 4-D Ultrasounds

Has anyone had them? I was thinking about it and just curious if anyone had had one. It has already been 4 weeks since my last u/s and I just want to be able to see her again. They offer these scans and they look really cool, of course it is elective and you have to pay out of pocket but I don't care, can anyone shed some light on this, good, bad or indifferent? tx.

Old 01-30-06, 03:59 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

I had two of the 4-D ultrasounds with my last pregnancy. It was WELL worth the money and SO cool. We have it on video tape too and still pics as well. It's best if you wait until you are at least 30 weeks to do it though - the detail is fantastic!

Old 01-30-06, 04:07 PM
Banned

Thanked 5 Times
Weekly Activity 0%

I had it done my last two pregnancies and it is awsome! They say to wait til your about 30-32 weeks pg because the baby has more fat. Mine was only $140 or $150 and I got video and TONS of pics with it!

Old 01-30-06, 04:07 PM
Community Member

Thanked 2 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

I really wanted to do these but my ob advised against it. Even though it was advertised as safe, my ob said I was getting enough u/s as it was. My situation was different from yours. I would not be able to hold out 4 weeks for an u/s. I was going every other week since I was high risk. I think you should set up an appt with your dr for a regular u/s. Another thing the ob said was that the pictures could be scary. As Tracy wrote, go in after 30 weeks. Otherwise, the baby could look alien.

Old 01-30-06, 04:15 PM
Paige's Mommy

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Thanks for the suggestions, I figured if you went sooner you'd be able to see more, since they are still smaller. DH and I really want to get one done for this pg also. I'll have to ask my regular u/s tech when we go Wed for my 20 week scan.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools