Baby Corner

Old 02-22-06, 03:07 PM
Community Member

Thanked 64 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.54%

Trisha-
Thanks I hope I can lose 35 lbs in the Hospital that would put me below what I weighed when I started!!! that would be nice. You can still run a mile! you go girl, walking a mile kills me and I know what you mean about the pelvic pains, almost feels contraction like??? Let me know when you c-section is, can't wait to see her. Do you have a name picked out yet? When is your 3-D one scheduled for, I am going to schedule mine now. I will let you know when mine is. I am enjoying it at times but you are right it is a blessing and I need to remember that when I am complaining...after all I did want it...and glad to have it. I am enjoying that we are soooo close too, keep me posted on your updates as well. Take care. Talk to you soon.
Allison

Old 02-22-06, 07:44 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.54%

No more running for me, had an appt yesterday and my blood pressure was horrible, I was almost put on bedrest, had to go back today to get checked again, lucky this time was better, but it is still high. Looks as if preeclampsia is in my future, and a bit of bedrest, will know more at my Mar 7 appt.
My 3-d is scheduled for Mar 4, I am so excited about that, I looked at the prices online and I hope they correlate to the actual price. It was around $155 - $175 at fetal photos for one of the larger packages, they said around 30 wks will be really an opportune time to have it done.
Don't worry about the weight too much, if it's your first you will bounce back, my driving force was, if I was blessed w/ the opportunity to be a mom, I would try to be one my child would be proud of showing off to their friends

, I also want to be around for so many of the wonderful things I hope to experience in their life time. This drives me to work out.
I haven't scheduled my c-section yet, the blood pressure issue really threw off my appt, I had so many things I wanted to discuss, like registering at the hospital and all, I will have to take a list w/ me next time.
As far as the names I know what the middle will be, Miura, pronounced me-or-a, or pretty close

, it's my translators last name, still undecide on 1st, but I'm good under pressure, I know I will think of something when they show her to me

Well that's the scoop on me, how are things going w/you. Have you been shopping

, you better spill and let me know all the goodies you have found, pics would be great. You find a coming home outfit for baby?

Old 02-23-06, 08:48 AM
Community Member

Thanked 64 Times
Weekly Activity 1.54%

Trisha-
Sorry to hear about the BP. Man that must stink, did you have the preeclamsia w/ the first? So what causes the HBP and all? just the pregnancy? Well keep me post w/ the 3/7 visit. Cool, my 3-d is set for 3/3! I can't wait. I invited my Mom to come w/ me. I hear it is quite the experience...very excited. It will cost me around $195.00 I hope my Dr. will sign off on the sheet though, I can't imagine him not signing it but you never know. I will keep you posted on that. Other than that moving right along, I go every 2 weeks now. I have the baby's room all done except for the mattress and all...my shower is set for 4/8/06, can't wait for that. I have gotten a few cute, cute outfits for her and of course dh has gotten her Red Sox's outfits....too cute. What do you need to bring to take her home in??? I am lost on that. I guess I will have to shop more. Thanks about the weight I feel the same.

Well keep me posted and I will keep you posted. Glad we are soooo close.
Take care.
Allison

Old 02-23-06, 11:40 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.54%

Hey lady, boy are our calendars similar for almost everything, I get my 3-d the day after yours, cool. My appt is the day before your shower, wow,(You better dish on all the great presents you receive)
The HBP seems to just happen to me later on in pregnancy, they say it is hereditary, it's weird considering my blood pressure has been 116/62 until I started getting into the 3rd tri, I thought w/ me exercising things would be different this time. I had it bad w/ the last birth, left the hospital w/ it at 180/106 and it stayed high for a while, I was so huge, I couldn't even open my eyes the swelling was so bad, but it subsided after a couple of days. I am not looking forward to that.
The going home outfit is just something cute you take the baby home in, you know, the perfect outfit. They take pics in the hospital and post them on the web nursery, I was caught off guard last time, this time I am going above and beyond, I want the announcements I order from them to look really great, I have even bought stuffed animals to match the outfit she will be taking the pics in, see if they surprise me this time

( I'm ready for my closeup Mr. Deville

). I will keep you posted lady and you do the same, take care.

Wishing you no more pelvic pain - transfer it to hubby, mine always says "since you've become pregnant, you are such a pain in the butt

. Sending you a smile.

Last edited by tichatte; 02-23-06 at 11:46 AM.

Old 02-23-06, 12:26 PM
Community Member

Thanked 64 Times
Weekly Activity 1.54%

Hey yeah we are neck and neck w/ appts and all....way cool. Yikes here I am complaining about my swollen cankles and you couldn't even open your eyes!! poor thing. I can't believe they let you leave the hospital w/ a BP that high! wow. did your chest hurt or anything? headaches? So there is nothing you can do to prevent preeclamsia....wow. They keep telling me my BP is fine and no protein in my urine so I guess I am still good. But I will definately let you know if things change, I am just starting to show! people still say I am not big, I tell them well you don't see me naked and what about that 21 lbs I have gained....hehehe, they just laugh at me. I am still all over the board w/ my emotions though. I feel like a real biotch. Everything sets me off lately. I hate that part, then I cry....lol.
I see about the going home outfit, just something that will hopefully fit her, how do you know what size? just get newborn or 0-3 months? since you never know how big they are going to be right? Man you are really going to be prepared this time...you go girl and stuffed animals too....how cute.
Yeah lets hope for no more pelvic pain, hehehe Thanks for the smile, really needed that today. Can't wait to share pics w/ ya...so how would you get those 3-d pics on this site anyway?
Post Reply Post New Topic  

Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

July 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner
July 2018 Winner
Congratulations Willow!

Calculators & Tools