Baby Corner

Old 05-21-07, 06:01 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 0.83%
Default 6 weeks prego and spotting

I am new to this site because I have had a few problems and I wanted to see if any one out there has had similar issues. I have a 15 month old daughter and in March my husband and I decided to start trying for baby #2. I got pregnant and just before week 5 I lost it. Well within 2weeks after that I got pregnant again. I am now 6 weeks and have started spotting. Friday is was one time...little brownish. Sunday was one time also a little brownish. Today, Monday, it has had a little more red to it and has been about everyother time I have went to the bathroom. I have informed my doc and he has me scheduled for an ultrasound on thursday. I just want to hear of others have had any issues similar to this and what happened. I have been an absolute wreck over this!

Thanks!!

Old 05-22-07, 11:02 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 0.83%

It's so unnerving to see that when you go to the bathroom I know

. I've had quite a bit of spotting with this pregnancy and it's been an on and off thing since I was around 5 weeks pregnant. Sometimes it would be a very light pinkish color and sometimes bordering on bright red. I'm now 18 weeks along and still going strong. Will be praying that everything is okay with your little one too.

Old 05-22-07, 02:39 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 0.83%

I can totally understand your worry, but try to keep a positive thought. Spotting and cramping too during pg are totally normal. It might be that everything is totally fine! It sounds to me like you might be wise to go to the doctor and request a progesterone level. Progesterone is what keeps the uterine lining intact and the uterus calm. Try not to worry!

Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

July 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner
July 2018 Winner
Congratulations Willow!

Calculators & Tools