Baby Corner

Old 05-06-07, 01:35 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Default Baby Furniture

Yesterday we were at SEARS and started looking through the baby furniture and toys. It was sure a lot of fun and when I looked at the prices I realized that we need to be saving money in a hurry. The selection was abundant and we found many things that we liked. When is the best time to start making purchases? I talked to one couple that started buying things after 12 weeks. That does seem early but the research I have done tells me that after 12 weeks and hearing a heartbeat means the chances of a problem are less than 1%. Please give us some advice on when we should start purchasing items, how much it will cost, the best places to shop, must have items and anything else that may help us out.

Old 05-06-07, 07:28 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

We started purchasing things with our first pregnancy right after we found out the gender (around 20weeks). We just purchased a little out of each payday so we wouldn't have to put out so much money at once

Old 05-17-07, 01:33 AM
SAHM to Julia & Ryan

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

If I recall correctly, we started buying things after we found out the gender also. Big important stuff like the crib, stroller, car seats- I waited till later, maybe like the 7th or 8th month. Also with the baby's bedding I waited till the last minute- i just knew that if I bought it early I would see something later that I liked more

Also, you may want to look at consignment shops for baby items...most items are in great shape and at a fraction of the cost! I also check craigslist!

Old 05-17-07, 09:56 AM
is loving my new job!
Kaitlyn & Nicole's Mommy

Thanked 415 Times
Level: 5
Weekly Activity 19220%

After knowing the gender is when we got serious in purchasing. Luckily, my parents bought the dresser/changing table and my IL's bought the crib and didnt have it in the house until 2-3 months prior to giving birth. Both were purchased at BRU.

Old 05-17-07, 01:40 PM
is looking forward to our first Christmas as a complete family
Mother to a busy toddler

Thanked 3 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

We bought our set after the 18 week appt. I was glad that we did too because the footboard came in damaged 2 times!!! Each time they told us it could take 6-12 weeks to get the replacements in. The last time we had the new one within a week after me raising heck.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools