Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Baby weight

Reply Post New Topic

• dianelynn77 dianelynn77's Avatar 01-09-07 | 01:47 PM
  • Ladies i know how you feel. my dh would never say anything, but sometimes he does not have to say a word for me to know what he is thinking!! Oh and my period is the worst ever too missy, i bleed threw everything too. I also have no sex drive what so ever, anone else? sorry if tmi
    diane
  • Missy M 01-09-07 | 09:45 PM
  • Diane....I don't have any sex drive either. Dh gets soooo mad at me and doesn't understand (not that I understand it myself). I have always had a healthy sex drive but not anymore (sorry tmi). I think alot of it for me is the extra weight and not feeling sexy anymore.....not to mention being exhausted all the time

Isn't it great that we not only go through IVF together, but now the after effects also

• dianelynn77 dianelynn77's Avatar 01-10-07 | 01:03 PM
  • i hear you missy, my poor dh omly gets pity sex. i try to get in the mood, but it just does not happen. i would live a happy life if i never had to have sex again, thats horrible isn't it. i also used to have a great sex drive, geez, whats up with that, pregnancy and kids really do a mumber on you huh. well hopefully we can report a better sex drive within the next few months, hahahah
    diane
  • Celia_M 01-11-07 | 09:44 AM

•  

Things are sloooowly improving here

. I really think it's taken me a looooooong time to heal properly down there just for starters. I'm still carying a stone of baby-weight. But my body image has improved to the point where I can now quickly walk past a mirror whilst in just my undies, I just don't look in it!

When K's having a bad time with her sleep (Teething is sooo hard for her

) dh has finally worked out that he *can* cope for a morning whilst I catch up on zzzz's at the w/end

This has also helped me feel a) more energetic and b) appreciated/understood. I'm still waiting on

to show her horrid face around here, but as I've said before, K's a boobmonster, so her absence isn't surprising. I'm finally back in some lovely non-b'feeding undies tho' having said ya-boo-sucks to keeping wearing those horrid things over xmas. I've always felt nice undies helps things along a bit...

Babies really do do a number on us for sure!
  • lkeim lkeim's Avatar 01-11-07 | 01:31 PM
  • This is what I think about the sex drive issue. We were horny (sorry) because we were trying to get pregnant and that's nature's way. We got what we wanted (sorry again) so nature takes it away. I think it's totally natural but does suck. So here's my question. Has anyone's dh's broke out the candles, soft music, romantic bottle of wine and tried to woo someone to the bedroom. Or is it "I'm horney, I need sex, you have to have sex with me, I have needs, blah blah, whine, whine?" I'm sorry but if I was a guy and wanted to have sex I'd be putting out a LOT more effort. Think back when we first started dating our dh's. Wasn't there a lot of dinners, walks in the park, holding hands, etc... before we put out? What makes them think they don't have to do anything but beg to get us to bend over the washing machine? Sorry again. Has anyone's dh said "you look beautiful, you're such a great mom, you amaze me, I love you, come here let me rub your back, you must be exhausted taking care of our baby all day, let me take care of you????? NO! I get "hey fat butt, rip out any jeans today". Sorry, I'm not getting ANYTHING out so he can rip on it! Last night he said it was depressing him not getting any. What a *#()%&)( joke!

Latest Articles

Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

July 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner

July 2018 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Willow!!