Baby Corner

Old 02-15-08, 10:48 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Default Bleeding during pregnancy

Hello,

I am new to this entire process...new to being pregnant (this is our first baby) and new to the thread as well. I do have a question I found out that I was pregnant last week Friday only because my cycle was abnormal it was very light and dark brown and only evident when I wiped..sorry I know that was graphic. Anyway, I took a pregnancy test and it came up positive (as did the next 5 test I took). Anyway, I went to the midwide Monday and told her about the bleeding (which at that time had only been going on for 3 days) and she did not seem overly concerned although I also told her that I was experiencing some cramping as well. We did blood work and on Monday my HcG level was 337.4 and again on Wednesday where my HcG level was 760.2 so the midwife was encouraged. I told her when she called me Thursday to give me the results that I was still experiencing the bleeding (no more than about a tablespoon a day I would day) and it that it was still dark brown and that I was still having some cramping and she said that was ok. She told me to schedule my first ultrasound for the first week of March at which time I will be 8 weeks pregnant but as of today (officially one week from the day I found out I was pregnant) I am STILL bleeding. My question, have any of you experienced this and if so how many days did this bleeding occur, I am really ready for it to STOP it is quite concerning. I have heard stories about women who have brown spotting and then it stops and comes back but this has been consecutive and has tiny clots sometimes (no tissue or anything and nothing outside of what my normal clots would be if it were a regular cycle). I am just ready for the bleeding to stop. I don't want to panic and go to the after hours facility but I would like another blood test to make sure my HcG levels are still rising. Any advice/assistance/or shared stories are appreciated.

Thanks

Tee Tee

Old 02-16-08, 09:31 AM
Community Member

Thanked 30 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

I dont blame you- I would want another HCG too. Also ask for the US a little earlier maybe. I have never had bleeding but I know lots of woman who have and have successful pg! Keep us updated.

Old 02-17-08, 10:43 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%
Talking

I am going through the same thing. I have already had one child and everything was fine, but I started having bleeding like that on Valentines day and am still receiving it. I went to my doctor on Friday and she said that it is dried old blood and you have nothing to worry about. I am currently 7 weeks along and for some reason I can not get it out of my head that I am ok. They said to watch out for red, gushing blood and abdominal pain. I have none of these other symptoms. I have another blood test on Tuesday to check my levels again, and an ultra sound to make sure that I am ok. I am scared though that they aren't going to find the baby or something is going wrong. I just wish I knew how long this would last but they can't tell me. Please let me know how your tests come out. I am like you though I wish it would stop so I can put mind at ease!

Good luck and let me know how things go!

Old 02-19-08, 04:02 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Bleeding can be 100% normal early in pregnancy. Try not to worry, and continue to eat well and get plenty of rest. Cramping is totally normal too - your uterus is stretching and growing and it causes those pains here and there throughout pg! Stay + ladies and hang in there!!!!!

Old 05-09-09, 08:26 AM
Community Member

Thanked 1 Time
Weekly Activity 20%

I'm having bleeding too and I'm worried. It began last week as light brown spotting, then it was very dark brown spotting, and today there is some red mixed with the brown. It is pinkish-reddish brown. I am having some cramping on my lower back. I am not sure what this is. Any advice and shared stories would be greatly appreciated, as I am very worried and I'm not sure if I should call my doctor today (it is Saturday) or if I should wait until Monday. Thank you.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools