Baby Corner

Old 05-09-09, 05:11 PM
Community Member

Thanked 1 Time
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Default Bleeding while pregnant

Hi everyone, I just found out on Monday that I'm pregnant, and that day I began having some light brown spotting that has increased every day, and today (Saturday) I'm now having red blood and cramping in my lower back. I called my doctor and she told me that many women who bleed go on to have healthy babies, and that I shouldn't worry unless the blood fills up an entire maxi pad. So far the bleeding mostly happens when I pee, and then I also see some blood clots. I am very worried, as I am 36 and considered high-risk. I hope the baby is OK. I am having an ultrasound on Monday and until that time I will be worried sick. Any advice or shared stories would be greatly appreciated. I just don't know why this bleeding seems to be getting worse and why it won't stop!!!

Old 05-09-09, 09:18 PM
Community Member

Thanked 248 Times
Weekly Activity 520%

I wish I could tell you something to make you feel better but until you see that U/S Monday it's going to be a rough wait. I'm pretty anxiety prone anyway, I never really relax until they are out and safe in my arms.

I did have bleeding the first couple of months with my middle 2 pregnancies. Nothing heavy but brown spotting turning to red just long enough to freak me out. Both turned out to be viable healthy pregnancies.

This is my 4th and I've had 5 episodes of heavier bleeding with large clots due to plaenctal issues starting at 6 weeks. They have been able to find the site of the bleeds each time and the baby looks great. I'm going into the 3rd tri and haven't had an episode in over a month.

I also have a sensitive cervix and in pregnancy I will sometimes spot or bleed a little after intercourse.

Good luck, I'll be thinking of you. Let us know how it goes Monday.

Old 05-09-09, 11:16 PM
Community Member

Thanked 1 Time
Weekly Activity 20%

Thank you for your response. I am devastated right now and not sure how to process this mentally. I had strong cramps and then a huge blood clot with gray matter that looked like a m/c. I spoke with my doctor and I believe the most unfortunate thing happened to me. I am going on Monday to find out the cause. She told me that she cannot know for sure until she sees me, but I know my body and I know how the blood clot looked, and I feel I have unfortunately lost the child. I think it may have to do with the fact that my Father passed away last week and that took a big toll on me emotionally. I believe the emotional stress might have brought this on. I am not sure but I will find out the cause and I will inform everyone here, so that you can avoid this if possible. My husband thankfully is very supportive and we are determined to keep trying. We are very sorrowful right now and not sure how to process this. I don't even know why I am writing here on this site right now. I should be sleeping. Thank you for your support and again I will inform everyone when I know why this happened to me, so that you can take good precautions. I think it was induced by the recent stress. Good night.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools