Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Brenda!

Reply Post New Topic

• Cracker_Jac Cracker_Jac's Avatar 09-17-04 | 06:55 AM
  • Wishing you an excellent Level II U/S today!!! Can't wait to hear how great your baby is doing and growing! Will you be trying to find out the sex of the little one today?
  • froglegs froglegs's Avatar 09-17-04 | 09:27 AM

•  
    Brenda!

that everything goes well!
  • babyMarksMom babyMarksMom's Avatar 09-18-04 | 10:06 PM

•  
    ok...we get there and the tech asks if we want to know the sex. we both said yes at the same time but I added only after finding out the baby is ok. dh reassured me that everything would be fine. baby measures perfect for dates. so you know..the tech/she is saying there's the stomach, everything looks good..there's a kidney and there's the other one..then she says "oh!". so of course, I say "oh what?", after what seemed like minutes, but was probably seconds, she says, "look, there's one kidney, the other one, and look ..a third! you don't see that everyday." she adds" don't worry about it, it's usually a bonus and went on to explain that while the nephrologist would talk with us, having a third kidney is not a bad thing." and she continued on with the next thing she was scanning, here's the spine, everything looks good, complete and closed and then here's the heart..hmmm"..and she gets quiet. that was all it took for me to lose it.

after 40 min and moving around to try to get the baby to change position..she says that she can't get a clear enough view of the heart to say that everything is ok. she continued the scan and asked if we wanted to know the sex? I said no!

, dh said yes. dh said YES! we do!, that way if it's boy, you can start working it out now and maybe you'l be able to smile because it's a girl. I was just crying harder, part anger with him and part scared at the situation. I told him, he doesn't understand losing what you've dreamed about and worked so hard for ( totally unfair for me to say

). then he took me in his arms and told that the baby will be fine, they just couldn't get a good picture and want to do some additional testing before declaring everything fine. uggh!! I said ok..alright, but I really wanted to wait..there will be more ultrasounds!

it's a girl. I don't know if all these tears are

or

..probably both! we left with appointments for a pediatric nephrologist, a pediatric cardiologist (the same one I saw for Faith ) for a fetal echo, and another repeat level II. I'm very worn out and want to hide away until I find out if my baby's ok.
  • MomofTwo MomofTwo's Avatar 09-18-04 | 11:18 PM
  • Brenda (((HUGS))) to you. When is the next US? I hope it isn't to far off that you are going to worry to long. (I know you're going to weorry just hope it's not for weeks on end).

COngrats on your baby girl. Prayers going out for you and your little one.
  • :domesticgoddess: :domesticgoddess:'s Avatar 09-19-04 | 04:34 AM

•  
    How stressful!!!!

On one hand I am SO HAPPY that it's a GIRL and on the other, I can totally relate to your concern.

I REALLY feel in my heart that this baby is fine and I think you will get that reassurance just fine. In the meantime, you must take it easy and not stress out (I know - easy for ME to say.. ) Really though, you must take it easy. This will be fine. I'm thinking of you..

and

for peace.