Baby Corner

Old 12-01-06, 03:12 PM
Landon's Mommy

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Default Brown Spotting During Pregnancy

Ladies, I need a little help here. I am 6 weeks pregnant with our second baby. About the middle of the morning i went to the bathroom and found brown discharge on the tp when i wiped. Sorry if TMI. I called my OB and they said as long as I'm not cramping, then it should be ok. They said to only worry when it becomes red, I'm cramping, or it doesn't quit and then I have to go into see her.

My first one was easy, some morning sickness and swelling, but not this and now I'm flipping out praying that my baby is okay.

Has anyone ever run into this?

Last edited by harmonyt; 12-01-06 at 03:14 PM.

Old 12-01-06, 03:25 PM
Julia's mommy

Thanked 6 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Please try not to worry. This is actually very common. I had brown spotting at about 7 weeks and again at 11 weeks and I'm sitting here looking at my 8 & 1/2 week old daughter! I have always been told that brown blood is old blood and that red blood is what you really have to worry about. If you are very concerned call your OB and tell them that and tell them you want to come in to make sure everything is okay. Good luck!

Old 12-01-06, 03:39 PM
Ta2'd & AP Uber Milf

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Great advice from DEE -- Brown blood is old... many woman experience a little bleeding when the egg attaches to the uterine wall -- but you never know it --- some woman though get a little brown discharge a while later -- but it still could be left over from that time -- I'm sure there are other explanations as well -- keep the cramping and red blood in mind as the real danger signs, but no need for worry right now! Congrats!

Old 12-01-06, 04:11 PM
Momma to 2 boys

Thanked 41 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

i think they call that implantation dont they? but your dr. is right dont worry unless you start cramping.

Old 12-01-06, 06:00 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Oh gal! I know how scarey that is! With Dewey I bled a wide range of colors and textured from 7 weeks through the 13th week! I mean pretty much non stop. I actually had some at one point that looked like chocolate pudding, very gross I know!!!!!!! But they're right, unless it's bright red and you're cramping, try not to panic and just keep in tune with your body. You'll know if something is really wrong!

Good luck!!
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools