Baby Corner

Baby, Trying to Conceive and Pregnancy Message Boards

Member Login

Baby Corner Message Board > Pregnancy Message Boards > Pregnancy, Labor & Childbirth C-section came open -- packing with gauze.

C-section came open -- packing with gauze.

Post Reply Post New Topic  

Old 12-24-11, 11:29 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Default C-section came open -- packing with gauze.

I recently had a c-section on Dec. 15th. They took out my staples and released me from the hospital on the 18th. On the 20th I noticed that my c-section was coming open. I went into my OB/GYN and they reopened my whole incision and I have to have it packed with gauze by a home nurse each day. It is draining QUITE a bit of clear fluid (which is why it broke open in the first place).

Has anyone else been through this??

I'm worried that if it starts healing that the fluid will just bust it open again. Or will my body just re-absorb the fluid that does not drain out?

I am also having a LOT of pain with it being open (only on the right side, though). If you went through this, when did your pain start subsiding??

This is really, really discouraging. I'm trying to be brave, but it's really hard to enjoy my new baby when I'm in SO much pain.

Old 12-24-11, 01:34 PM
is a mother of 2 beautiful kids!
Grounded Dreamer

Thanked 510 Times
Level: 9
Weekly Activity 67520%

Oh no! That sounds awful; I'm so sorry you have to go this. The first couple of weeks is hard enough with a new baby and healing from surgery, but to have to deal with on top of it. What does your doctor to say to all these questions? I've had 2 c-sections myself. but no complications like that. I hope it heals quickly and does not cause any further issues. Try to enjoy your baby and this holiday as best you can!

Old 12-24-11, 05:33 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%

My doctor said she couldn't say when the pain would subside, but I figured I could get somewhat of an idea if other people have gone through this.

The nurse that came today (after I posted this) said that they are putting a wound vac in, which will help drain the fluid and prevent it from coming open again.

I'm just hoping to get through the next couple weeks without breaking down and crying. LUCKILY I have the best baby someone could ask for. Such a sweetie. Hardly cries and only wakes up twice in the night. It makes this whole ordeal so much easier.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools