Baby Corner

Old 05-10-10, 12:08 AM
Lovin My Family!

Thanked 124 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 120%

I have had 2 C Sections. I recommend just taking deep slow breaths until you fully relax. You CANNOT feel any of the pain. Both of my C-sections were slightly different from each other. The first one was scheduled and I was really delirious feeling because I would pass out everytime I layed on my back. So it caused me to be really "out of it". With the 2nd (again scheduled) I was very "present". I did have a hard time relaxing at first before the Spinal completely kicked in and I started freaking a little. (I don't know why). That is why I say just relax. Its true that you will feel pressure and movement, but it doesn't hurt.

With both of mine the recovery was super fast. I was sweeping floors within a week with this last one (even though you aren't supposed to). Just remember that you will be sore, but doas they suggest and walk as much as you can because it helps greatly.

Old 05-10-10, 10:16 AM
is a mother of 2 beautiful kids!
Grounded Dreamer

Thanked 510 Times
Level: 9
Weekly Activity 67520%

I had a planned c-section in 2008 and I didn't feel anything. They told me I would feel a little pressue or tugging when they pulled the baby out, but I didn't really feel that either. The anstheisa dr was right behind my head the entire time, asking me how I was doing and he even massaged my shoulder & neck b/c for some reason my body just felt stiff & the need to crack all my bones. It was like my mind told my body "You can't move! Fight it, fight it!" b/c all I wanted to do was crack my back but couldn't. That was the worst part to me. But the dr was very nice and then Dh came in & sat on a stool on my left side of my head.

The 1st time you get to walk (to use the restroom) in the hospital is hard & painful, but gets easier every time you do it, so when the nurses tell you to take walks around the hospital halls, do it! I was able to get off the bed & use the bathroom without any help by the 3rd night & didn't really take any pain pills after the 1st day, only some Tyelnol here & there. My skin had a reaction to the adhesive on the tape they placed over the scar, but the OB said she hadn't seen it before, so I don't think it is common.

When you get home, getting off the couch or bed is similiar to when you belly is huge: turn on your side & push yourself up. And laughing & sneezing will hurt a bit, but nothing you won't be able to handle.

Oh, and your hospital-stay bag won't need nearly as much stuff as someone going through labor, so you get to pack lighter-that's a plus!

Old 05-10-10, 01:57 PM
Eric & Ty's Mommy

Thanked 113 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

my 2 sections were ok, first was an emergency and second was elective, my 3rd is elective too (in JUly) they did strap my arms down and I had an epi w/#1 and spinal w/#2 I felt NOTHING with either, no presure or anything even though they said ok now you'll feel presure. I was so nervous though w/#2
(#1 I was out of it after 16-17 hrs of labor & numerous drugs on board) so with this one, Im going to have some type of sedative through my IV to relax me a bit.
After my sections (one was at 11:15pm and the other was 330pm), all I took was motrin and tylenol and I was up the next day moving just fine, by the 4th day (going home day) I was stiff but mobile I didnt have stitches or staples w/#1 (just steri strips) and I did have staples w/#2, I had to go back to my dr to have them out (thye usually try to do them while your still in patient, but I had a small reaction to the metal or something so they left them in an extra day)

Old 05-11-10, 02:09 AM
Lovin My Family!

Thanked 124 Times
Weekly Activity 120%

One other suggestion, take some tea. Like Peppermint Tea for example. The gas pains are going to be fierce! At least they were for me both times. I would not have even needed any pain meds if the gas pains would not have been so bad. Hot teas help with gas. Not trying to scare you, just trying to give you a heads up, nobody told me to expect gas pains afterwards.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools