Baby Corner

Old 06-27-06, 02:28 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Default DH freak out???

Did anyone else's DH freak out (ie severe anxiety) as you got closer to your due date??? My DH is now unsure he can be a good father or that he even wants to be a father, is worried that something could happen to me and he will be a single father, is having trouble even looking at my belly, and is just turning into a jerk all around...hmmm not what I need right now.

Old 06-27-06, 05:36 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

My dh freaked out, not about not wanting to be a dad but if something happened to me,what would he do. Valid worry though, with my medical background. Hopefully your dh will calm down. He'll feel so much better with babe in arms. I was really worried dh was going to be a DORK in delivery but he pulled it together and was my total hero. He took care of everything exactly like I would of wanted AND was totally in love the instant he laid eyes on Carly. I'm pretty sure what your dh is going through is normal and he'll get it together. It does suck though because right now you want sympathy and lots of love. IT IS suppose to be all about you right now anyway. Guys are dorks I figured out. You'll be ok. Once you have your baby you won't even care about dh for a little while anyway.

Leslie

Old 06-28-06, 08:24 AM
Community Member

Thanked 1 Time
Weekly Activity 20%

I think it's normal for them to panic a little bit, like they're suddenly realising it's actually happening (dunno what they've thought has been happening up till now though!

) I hope he pulls it together soon for you!

Old 06-28-06, 09:27 AM
Community Member

Thanked 64 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Bonnie, like the other ladies have said, I think it is normal. I mean my dh never touched my belly to feel the baby kick he also has two grown kids, 15 and 18, so I guess it did not really matter to him. But he was a hero for me in the delivery room and after, he cried after seeing her and now would not change the world for anything...she is such a good baby. But hopefully he will come around, you don't need this. I worried that I would not be a good Mother, so I think everyone goes thru something at least he has told you how he feels and maybe you can help each other as it is scary....the fear of the unknown and like Leslie says, you won't want to have anything to do w/ him after the baby is born anyway it is just something women go thru, they think the dh's are dumb!! lol Anyway I hope it gets better for you. Take care and keep us posted on your visits not long now!!! wooohoo, can't wait.

Old 06-28-06, 03:36 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Thanks Gals, good to know he is SOMEWHAT normal

I did get good news at my OB/GYN appt today....They moved my due date UP 2 whole weeks!!! Yipee!!! The baby is measuring very big...so they said they wouldn't let me go beyond my original due date w/o inducing...so the new date is 8/6!!!

Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Zchuff!

Calculators & Tools