Baby Corner

Baby, Trying to Conceive and Pregnancy Message Boards

Member Login

Baby Corner Message Board > Pregnancy Message Boards > Pregnancy, Labor & Childbirth Dilemma - which dr - close to work or close to home?

Dilemma - which dr - close to work or close to home?

Post Reply Post New Topic  

Old 06-16-08, 04:39 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Question Dilemma - which dr - close to work or close to home?

Hi everyone!

I live and work an hour apart from one another. Having a hard time deciding whether or not to go to my regular ob/gyn (close to work) or start going to a new ob/gyn (close to home).

I am only 4 weeks and due in mid-February.

I would love to hear any thoughts and advice on a choice like this one.

Thanks!
JM

Old 06-17-08, 12:30 AM
is a mother of 2 beautiful kids!
Grounded Dreamer

Thanked 510 Times
Level: 9
Weekly Activity 67520%

Congrats on your pregnancy!

Do you like your current ob? Do you want them to deliver your baby? I guess you could try out a new one, but they may ask for all your records upfront and if you don't like them then you will have to switch back. Myabe one of the other ladies on here has switched during pg and will be able to offer more advice.

My ob is close to my work. I had originally chose them for my annual gyno exams. At the time, I lived on that same side of town that I worked. When I moved, I kept them b/c I liked them and also I could go to appts in the AM or during lunch and then go straight to work. The hospital they were affliated with was the main hospital downtown, which is very close to where I live now. Unfortunately, they built a great, brand-new hospital and my ob moved their main office there. It is a good 20-30 minute drive from my house, 45-60 mins with traffic and this is where I will be going for delivery. In the beginning, it seemed hard to get an appointment and I felt like I was always on hold or leaving messages for the appt line to call me back. But once I started on a schedule, it has been great and making appts is easy since they book it before you leave the office.

Old 06-18-08, 01:15 AM
Community Member

Thanked 14 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%

A factor that could help u decide would be which hospital would u deliver at and which is a better hospital? I have alot of friends that will pick a farther away dr from home because the hospital is better! Look into that...and also if u like ur ob/gyn now then it might be easier to stick with someone u know and are comfy with...
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools