Baby Corner

Old 07-30-12, 02:17 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 7
Weekly Activity 2095.45%
Default Entertainment during labour

Ok, call me crazy but I'm one of those people who constantly need a book, or a tv show or a magazine to keep me busy. I even take magazines to work in case I need them during coffee breaks.

Sooo, I was wondering, would I/ we need to bring some pre recorded TV shows, mags etc to the hospital with us in case the labour takes long time? Or am I being incredibly naive to think I would even have the time?

Old 07-30-12, 09:11 AM
is a mother of 2 beautiful kids!
Grounded Dreamer

Thanked 510 Times
Level: 9
Weekly Activity 3069.09%

That's not crazy! When we took a birthing class they recommended that you bring books, magazines, DVD's, and even a CD player in case you want a special playlist during your labor. My husband even brought his Playstation and some games because we found out during the hospital tour that the TV in the room has the hook-ups for that.

But we didn't use any of those things! I may have looked at a magazine a few times, but since I did not have any labor (c-section), I didn't have any down time before the baby came to just wait around. And then after the baby was born, we were both just exhausted. You'll have visitors & nurses coming in and out, then you are tending to the baby or trying to rest a bit. We watched the TV in the room a lot, they did have cable, but really you spend so much time just staring at the baby and feeding the baby you don't have time to do much else, lol! At least that was our experience.

Old 07-30-12, 04:37 PM
is a stay at home Mommy<3
Community Member

Thanked 4 Times
Level: 8
Weekly Activity 2261.36%

never.thought about that. butttt I didnt have any time or patience for that. I did listen to soft music they had available on their tv. but mostly I tried to rest bc it was reccommened and I had my fiance and mother by my side who talked to me and kept me calm. thank God for them!

Old 07-30-12, 05:50 PM
is loving her husband and children!
Administrator

Thanked 1,189 Times
Level: 10
Weekly Activity 3912.27%

Nah, my husband bouncing on the birthing ball was plenty of entertainment for me.

Actually we did take a deck of cards and played cards most of the time during easy labor. After Baby arrives, you're too tired for any of that stuff and visitors will keep you plenty busy.

Old 07-31-12, 04:32 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 7
Weekly Activity 2095.45%

Lol thanks for that image Dopey406

))

Latest Articles
Conceiving Quicker Doesn’t Mean Your Baby Will Be a Boy
Of all the old wives tales about gender selection, one, conceiving quicker means you will have a boy, has been debunked.

Benefits of Breastfeeding For a Year or Longer
Only 27% of mothers breastfeed their babies for one year, even though there are benefits abound. Learn the benefits of nursing your baby for a year or longer for both your baby, and for yourself.

October 2014 Celebrity Births and Pregnancy Announcements
Get the latest celebrity baby gossip including who recently has a baby, and who has just announced their expecting, in our monthly celebrity baby and pregnancy update.

2014 High Chair Buying Guide
If you are not sure which high chair to buy for your baby, take a look at our recommendations that are safe, and easy to use.

10 Car Seat Mistakes Most Parents Make
Studies show that many parents make these 10 common mistakes. Find out how to make sure your baby's car seat is safe.

September 2014 Baby Photo Contest Winner

Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations romasa!

Calculators & Tools