Baby Corner

Baby, Trying to Conceive and Pregnancy Message Boards

Member Login

Baby Corner Message Board > Pregnancy Message Boards > Pregnancy, Labor & Childbirth Feet swelling and feeling the baby move??

Feet swelling and feeling the baby move??

Post Reply Post New Topic  

Old 05-06-08, 02:47 PM
Community Member

Thanked 1 Time
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Default Feet swelling and feeling the baby move??

Hey guys! It has been forever since I've got to come on here!! I've missed it. I have a couple of questions I wanted to see if you all could help me with. I'm 17 weeks pregnant right now and I haven't felt the baby move yet. I was just wondering if I should have felt it by now or if it's normal. And then also, my feet are starting to swell. Not bad and not everyday, but like I had to do a lot of cooking Saturday night and was on my feet for a long time and they swelled. And then at church Sunday morning we were cleaning up after dinner and I was in high heeled sandals and they swelled up. My mom had toxemia really badly and she is afraid that I've got it. But if ya'll could help me I'd really appreciate it. Thanks again!!

Old 05-06-08, 03:07 PM
is excited to be TTC
mama to 2 boys

Thanked 87 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Some people don't feel the baby move till 20 + weeks. With my DS I was like that. As far as you feet swelling, it sounds like you are on your feet to much. Try putting them up. I can tell when I'm up on my for long periods mine swell. Every time you go to the DR and you get to pee in that cup, one of the things they check for is protien no make sure you don't have Toxemia. Hope I helped a little.

Old 05-06-08, 03:25 PM
Community Member

Thanked 1 Time
Weekly Activity 20%

Thanks so much. I go to the Dr. Tuesday to find out the sex of the baby so I'll have to talk to him about it too. I'm also having a lot of heartburn and migraine headaches. So I'll have plenty to talk about when I go. I didn't know they checked for protein, thanks so much.

Old 05-06-08, 04:57 PM
is a mother of 2 beautiful kids!
Grounded Dreamer

Thanked 510 Times
Level: 9
Weekly Activity 67520%

I wasn't feeling the baby move at 17 weeks, so don't fret. I haven't had any of the feet swelling, so I can't help ya there. During my first tirmester, I got a lot of very faint, but all day long lasting headaches. They went away after the first tri was over and I took Tylenol if they got unbearable. My close friend had really bad heartburn during her first tri and that went away too. Sounds like you're pretty much right on track. Best wishes at your appointment and the baby cooperates so you see what it is! Congrats!

Old 05-06-08, 05:41 PM
is lovin' my sweet girl!
Avery Claire's Mama!

Thanked 700 Times
Level: 2
Weekly Activity 2420%

I didn't feel my baby move until about 21 weeks...
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools