Baby Corner

Old 03-25-11, 08:11 PM
is TTC #2
Community Member

Thanked 1 Time
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.33%
Default Have a Hugh uterus

Hi everyone!! I haven't been on here for awhile. My DH and I have been TTC #2 for almost a year (April will have been a year). We have had many stressful situations over the last year, but I finally missed my period in March!! YaY! Took an at home pregnancy test and it read that I was PREGNANT!!

My question for anyone who can give me some information is: We went to the doc to make sure I was pregnant and not just missed a period. He did a pelvic exam and said he is pretty confident that I am

Scheduled me for some blood work which was a Prenatal screen bloodwork. No preg. test. So I am assuming that this means I am pregnant.

While he was doing my exam he said my uterus was really high, just under my belly button. He also asked me if we had ever talked about having a fibroid before. I had just had my annual exam in November and nothing was mentioned of this. So now I have been wondering if this is normal? I don't know what to think.

He also scheduled us an appointment for the 1st of April. He said we will listen to the hearbeat and also have an ultrasound with lamps. When I had my first son, I didn't have an ultrasound until around 5 months.....I didn't think that they could really see anything this early. Does this mean he is looking for something else?

Any advice is welcome!!

Old 03-28-11, 02:29 AM
is a mother of 2 beautiful kids!
Grounded Dreamer

Thanked 510 Times
Level: 9
Weekly Activity 4501.33%

Congrats! I am not sure what an ultrasound with lamps is....but they did a transvaginal ultrasound on me at 7 weeks. They can see the fetus and a tiny blinking light that is the heartbeat.

I don't know much about the other stuff either, lol, but hoprefully it is nothing to be worried about!
Thank you MrsS1stbaby!
chef_mandy (03-28-11)

Old 03-28-11, 03:04 PM
is TTC #2
Community Member

Thanked 1 Time
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.33%

I am thinking it is on the same lines as what you had done. I am excited but also nervous because this part is new to me!

We had been trying for almost a year and nothing! We said we would not take any fertility treatments either. Twins run on both sides of the family and I am the only one in my family that didn't want twins...and my husband doesn't want twins either.

I am not sure about the lamps either but I will let you know after Friday!!
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Zchuff!

Calculators & Tools