Baby Corner

Old 05-30-06, 11:59 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Unhappy hello

Hello everyone, my name is Jennifer I had a m/c on May 24, 2006 @ 9 weeks pg, and I had to have a D & C done the next day. Today is my first day back to work since then and I am just so sad, everywhere I look it seems like people have babies with them or everywhere I turn someone is pregnant or has just had their baby. It just doesn't seem fair that everyone I know but me can and has had prefect babies. It makes me wonder what is wrong with me, what did I do wrong? Am I paying for some mistake I made in the past? All you dream about as a little girl is growing up and having children of your own, it seems like that is the only purpose for life is to have children. You never dream it could happen to you, that one day you find out your pregnant and 2 weeks later you've lost that baby and you are just consumed with the what ifs and whys, you just resent the people that can have perfect babies. All I want to do now is start trying again immediatly to have another baby, even though the first one wasn't planned, I know this is not the answer to my grief but it is the only way I know to deal with it. I want a child now so badly, so I was wondering was it hard for any of you who have gotten pregnant after loss to get pregnant again. My only problem during pregnancy was I had low progesterone levels so I had to take Prometrium 400 mg per day, have any of you out there dealt with that problem?

Old 05-31-06, 02:37 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

hi Jennifer. I am very sorry for your loss.

you are not paying for some mistake in the past. and I can't say if you did anything wrong ( because I don't know you ), but most women did not do anything that caused the loss of their baby.
I personally did not have any real problems conceiving again, but everyone is different. many women here have had low progesterone levels and had healthy babies when closely monitored by their doctors.

Old 05-31-06, 10:47 PM
is reading!
Rudi - VIP CL & mom of 2

Thanked 681 Times
Weekly Activity 120%

I miscarried at 12 weeks and had to have a d&c as well. Although my doctor cleared me to ttc again once I had one regular period, it did take me 6 months to conceive again. But I did conceive, and I'm now 25 weeks pregnant and everything looks good.

Please try to keep your spirits up. You will get pregnant again, and the odds are very good that you will successfully have a baby.

to you.

Old 05-31-06, 10:49 PM
is reading!
Rudi - VIP CL & mom of 2

Thanked 681 Times
Weekly Activity 120%

I forgot to add that many of the feelings you're having (paying for a mistake, wanting to get pregnant again to feel better, etc) are exactly the same things I felt last summer after my miscarriage. I think that's all part of the grieving and healing process. Just remember in the back of your head that it really is in no way your fault.

Old 06-10-06, 06:40 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

I went through those feelings as well....still do, when I read about some weird thing or another causing a miscarriage. Mine was March 29, 2006 at 12 and a half weeks. My doctor told me she was 100% positive that it wasn't my fault. She tried to make me feel better. Those feelings you are having will ease with time, I know mine did. But don't beat yourself up about it, hopefully you'll be blessed soon enough with another one!!
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Zchuff!

Calculators & Tools