Baby Corner

Old 10-11-12, 08:31 PM

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 31.91%
Default Help

Could their be a possibility I'm pregnant?? My last period was July 23,2012 since then I haven't had any bleeding what so ever. The first time I went to the doctor my urine test was neg. then I got my blood done I had a beta hcg number 396. So I went to another doctor because of my insurance that doctor said my urine and blood was neg. he prescribe me medroxyprogesterone for my period to come on. I took all the pills and my period still isn't on!!!

Old 10-15-12, 01:51 PM
is loving her husband and children!
Administrator

Thanked 1,189 Times
Level: 10
Weekly Activity 5492.66%

Welcome to The Baby Corner. A beta over 5 indicates pregnancy so a beta of 396 would definitely indicate pregnancy regardless of a urine test. Some women never get a positive urine test but go on to have healthy babies.

I would recommend having another beta test done to compare numbers. Lab errors are also possible (on either test) so I'd have a third beta run to really get down to the bottom of what's going on.

Please come back and let us know what happens.

Latest Articles
Simpler Drug Labels for Pregnant and Breastfeeding Mothers
If you've ever looked at your prescription bottles, you may have wondered, "Is this medication safe during pregnancy?" New labeling guidelines released by the FDA will now make it easier for you to know what medications are safe for pregnant and breast

Can You Take Too Much Folic Acid?
If you are diligently making sure you get as much folic acid as you possible can every day, you may want to read about this startling new research that says too much folic acid may actually be harmful.

New Alcohol in Pregnancy Guidelines Issued in the UK
New guidelines on drinking alcohol before and during pregnancy from the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists in the U.K. have been released. How do their guidelines compare to those in the U.S.?

Woman Gives Birth to Surprise 14 Pound Baby
Another rare case of big baby syndrome, macrosomia, occurred in Tampa Floria last month, when a woman gave birth to an amazing 14 pound baby.

Olive Oil In Women's Diets Can Boost Fertility
If you have been eating a low fat diet and trying to conceive, researchers say you might want to think twice. Healthy oils and fats can help to increase your chances of conceiving by as much as 40%.

January 2015 Baby Photo Contest Winner

"Puddin' Smile" Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Puddin15!

Calculators & Tools