Baby Corner

Baby, Trying to Conceive and Pregnancy Message Boards

Lost Your Password?

Baby Corner Message Board > Pregnancy Message Boards > Pregnancy, Labor & Childbirth Hey all, very new mum here! Some Advice?

Hey all, very new mum here! Some Advice?

Post Reply Post New Topic  

Old 09-11-10, 07:51 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Default Hey all, very new mum here! Some Advice?

Hi everyone! I'm Siobhan and I'm 20 y/o

I only very recently found out that I'm pregnant, told by the doctor when I went in for check-up/blood test results. I'm due to go back to doctor's on monday to discuss what I need to do and arrange a booking appointment.

As for how far along I am, I really don't know, the first day of my last period was July 31st and it finished August 4th, so possibly about 4-5 weeks? Potentially due end of April into May

I've been getting the usual symptoms of sore nipples, tiredness, clumsiness, hungrier than usual, raised body temperature and nausea. Also recently happening is slight headaches, constant thirst (i drink a lot) and cramps.

Then past couple days I've experienced very light pinky colour sort of bleeding which was quite minimal, then it happened again today. What is it? And is it normal? I figured that implantation bleeding would've happened couple weeks ago rather than now, so of course I've become paranoid

Any advice? I'm the type that worries about everything and just want this baby to be okay!!

thank you! xxx

Old 09-11-10, 09:24 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 1,117 Times
Weekly Activity 620%

Hi and welcome to tbc.

I would say it could be very normal. I had a similar thing with my second pregnancy, and he's sleeping upstairs right now

I would call your doctor though, even if you just speak to a nurse, tell her what's going on, and see how to proceed. They may want you to be checked early on just in case. I know that's what they did for me and I felt so much better knowing that all was well.

Old 09-11-10, 09:58 PM
is all about the PINK!!!
Proud American Teacher!!

Thanked 652 Times
Weekly Activity 120%

Welcome to TBC and congrats on your pregnancy!! I hope you get to enjoy the next months and the side effects of pregnancy are short-lived and you are feeling much better soon.

Jump on over to the due date boards and jump in on the conversation.

Old 09-11-10, 10:13 PM
is is needing a day off!
Admin Team

Thanked 179 Times
Level: 8
Weekly Activity 49570%

Congratulations and Welcome to TBC!

Old 09-12-10, 03:53 AM
is a Mommy to four now!
Mommy of three

Thanked 442 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Light pink spotting can be very normal. I'd follow up with your Dr. though. Even short lived bright red bleeding can be normal. There is just so much extra blood around that area in the first trimester. I had short lived, but an alarming amount of red blood with my first. It was just a broken capullary and stopped quickly. Gave me quite the scare, but there was nothing wrong and she is fine.

Good luck and welcome to TBC.

Latest Articles
Delight Your Special Mom-to-be With These Top 10 Gifts
Dads, if you have run out of ideas to get that special mom-to-be in your life for the holidays, we've got you covered. Here are 10 gifts ideas that will delight her this holiday season.

2014 Holiday Gift Ideas For Babies
If you have run out ideas for what to get your baby for the holidays this year, here are a few suggestions for you.

14 Gross Pregnancy Secrets
If this is your first pregnancy, be prepared, as these unwanted pregnancy symptoms may crop up unexpectedly.

Planning for a Second Pregnancy: What To Expect
When considering your second pregnancy, there are a few things to consider such as child spacing, and health concerns. Use this guide to help you plan for a healthy second pregnancy.

The Controversy over the Most Popular Boy's Name in the U.K.
A few days ago, the news media made the world was aware that the most popular boy's baby name in the U.K. was not Muhammed.

November 2014 Baby Photo Contest Winner

"Little Pumpkin" Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations urugby!

Calculators & Tools