the homebirth pressure that the thread started
out about has cleared up

krista

Old 02-14-05, 12:57 PM
Christian Member

Thanked 32 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%

Hi Krista, I did finally gett the book. I reserved it once and couldn't get down to pick it up before they put it back on the shelf, but no one had checked it out. So, I got to take it. I'm on chapter 3 now. Its a really interesting book. I like it a lot. I don't think I could handle being one of four wives myself though! I am however liking some of the names in the book. I think I'm going to suggest Levi to my husband and see if he likes that for a boy. Although our last name starts with an L. So, I don't know if it would be a good idea to use the name Levi.

My mother continues to pressure me in one way or another, but I think I just might have her there for part of the labor and delivery. I think that might make it so that she knows birth can go well outside of the hospital. After reading Ina May Gaskin's books I think that the reason my mother has such a hard time with birth is from her own experiences. So, maybe my birth could help her to heal from her own. My midwife also told me that if she needed to she would just send her off on an important errand for me if I needed the space.

Old 02-14-05, 07:29 PM
Charlotte's mommy

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarziesgirl
... I think that the reason my mother has such a hard time with birth is from her own experiences. So, maybe my birth could help her to heal from her own. My midwife also told me that if she needed to she would just send her off on an important errand for me if I needed the space.
My mom's kind of similar, in that she had a bad experience too. I hope that shes calm during your labor for your sake.

Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools