Baby Corner

Baby, Trying to Conceive and Pregnancy Message Boards

Member Login

Baby Corner Message Board > Pregnancy Message Boards > Pregnancy, Labor & Childbirth How to convice boyfriend to start telling?!?! Help!

How to convice boyfriend to start telling?!?! Help!

Post Reply Post New Topic  

Old 04-24-10, 02:05 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Unhappy How to convice boyfriend to start telling?!?! Help!

Hey everyone! I can use all the help\suggestions I can get on this!

I'm 24 yers old and 10 weeks along now! (Yay!) =] and I'm more than ready to start telling everyone the news. This will be the fist great grand baby on my mother and fathers side (not on his though). He still isn't ready to tell people, he's only 22...I'm not sure if age has anything to do with it, and its driving me crazy!

I've tried everything to convince him but all is nill.

He tells me "do what you want to do." when I really wear him down but I know he's just saying that to get me to shut up. Haha, I don't blame him really, id probably do the same. The thing is though is I want him to be okay with it too...does that make sense?

ANY HELP IS WELCOME! =] thanks.

Old 04-24-10, 02:14 PM
is a Mommy of 4!
~Christina~

Thanked 219 Times
Weekly Activity 120%

If you really want to be mean, just go grab the phone when he tells you to do what you want!

But seriously it's just kinda one of those things that when he's ready he'll let you know. My dh was the same with my last pregnancy. I think he just wanted to be kinda "in the clear" as far as having something happen. I did finally talk him into tellingeveryone, but it took some doing! Don't let it get to you, just try to ask him calmly why he doesnt' want to tell people yet and go from there.

Old 04-24-10, 09:42 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 1,117 Times
Weekly Activity 620%

How does he feel about the pregnancy in general? Is he happy about it?

If he is actually happy about it, then I'd want to know why he doesn't want to start telling people yet. Then, you can set a date/time together that you agree on, to start telling people.

If he's not telling people because he's not happy about the pregnancy, then that's a totally different story. You probably dont' want my opinion on that part, but I will tell you that since you are obviously excited about it--- I would shout it from the rooftops! This is your pregnancy and if he's not going to enjoy it with you, you might as well enjoy it yourself.

Old 04-25-10, 09:50 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Thanks koala. I have no idea why but he finally told me why he's been so weird about telling people! =] He's just worried about it getting out on facebook and telling the world before we tell his mom. (She's strange and we have to walk on eggshells when we tell her something like this. He's the baby in the family).

And princes he's happy about it. Not over the top and not excited because the stress and fear of bringing life into the world is overshadowing it, but happy. =]

Old 04-25-10, 03:38 PM
is aka Andrea
Community Member

Thanked 218 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

I had the opposite problem!! I wanted dh to wait a bit longer especially since I had a miscarriage 5 months before but I found out on Christmas morning and he was on the phone to tell everyone merry Christmas your a grandma ect..!! lol
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools