Baby Corner

Old 09-11-04, 11:03 PM
is all about the PINK!!!
Proud American Teacher!!

Thanked 652 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 120%

I am swelling up like a water balloon in my feet and ankles. It doesn't hurt or anything, but is fairly extreme for this point (24+ wks). I'm a teacher and with school starting staying off my feet during the day is impossible. DH and I are looking for new house and want to be in before baby/Christmas, so the stress is on. In the big picture, life is good. Baby is healthy and moves a ton and prenatal yoga starts in 3 days.

Old 09-14-04, 02:31 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

glad that everyone is doing so well and in such good spirits. baby's movement is stronger. having very mixed emotions about having another baby so soon, but at my age just extremely thankful that I conceived and made it through this far. dh is very excited and has bought several baby girl outfits. been trying to stay busy so I don't have time to think about friday's u/s.

Old 09-14-04, 05:44 AM
CL & Mom22boys!

Thanked 15 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Well poopers. I made a post yesterday to each an everyone of you. Somehow it did not make it!

Tammy, I think Robert is a great name! The second trimester was my favorite time, esp after each ob appointment. I would be on such a high with all the great news. It's nice to see how much you are enjoying it!

on the weight gain! You are doing awesome.

Paige, Sorry about the glucose testing. I had a hard time with those. Ohh a baby shower!! I hope you get a ton of goodies for your little girl to arrive!

MomofTwo, YEAH!! We have a TP contestant!! 10 squares is GREAT! Wow!! You have only a month to go until you meet your little one!! Are you all prepared?

Kelly, It seems so hard to believe that you are 23 weeks already! MY Lord, it feels like you just came aboard here!

The time goes fast, no? A lot of people say that a girl will make you gain more weight. Not sure if that holds true, but

who knows! Any ideas or thoughts about nursery colors? Sometime that helps get things moving.

Sarah, I hope you get your house soon!! Don't let it cause too much stress on you. I had some edema when I was pregant, but only my feet. I can still remember hearing the water squish as I walked. I was in complete shock! I hope it subsides for you soon.

Brenda,
It is just great seeing you pregant again. What a sweet DH you have there! I wish my hubby would buy gifts! I hope your U/s is awesome on Friday.

Old 09-14-04, 11:30 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Tammiane glad teh headaches are gone

I am glad you can start to relax now

I totally understand that point. I am finally there hope I can stay there. Robert is a GREAT name we have my dad and DHs brothers name as that and 3 MN with it in it

Paige I know the hurting feeling

it's funny you actually forget about taht. It only hurts wehn I get jabbed and then she turns it. I would be shocked if I didn't have bruises on the inside. What date is your shower? not much longer for you to go

when do you start your 2 week appts?

Kelly half way there

25 pounds isn't bad. I have heard of people gaing more then that

does your dr. seem worried?? It'll be here soon and if you don't get the nursery decorated till afterwards she won't care

take your time and decide on what you want. no worries

Sarah sorry about the swelling. Do you have some good shoes to wear? Can you have the kids do the getting up and down for you

Someone told me (not for sure if it's true, since I was always told the oppisite) that you should salt your food to taste and that'll help with swelling. (still haven't decided to try it thoguh)

Brenda my two oldest are only 13 months and 3 weeks apart and I LOVE it. It was hard at 1st, but it is SO nice now. Thinking PINK for you for Friday

Can't wait to hear about it.

Jacqui TP contest never heard of it. I still am shocked that it is only 10. it started off at like 9 in a quater or 9 1/2. I am ready and prepared as long as she waits till her csection date and not before. DH kept telling me last night I better make plans for her to come early. NO WAY can't I have everything planned already and babysitters and stuff. If she comes early I am in big trouble, but then again DH was born a day late adn Mix was really pushed and pulled out at 10 days early. This one is only 7 days early.
Post Reply Post New Topic  

Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

July 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner
July 2018 Winner
Congratulations Willow!

Calculators & Tools