Baby Corner

Old 02-26-06, 07:38 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Default I'm a mommy!

Just wanted to let everyone know that I had the twins. My water broke on sunday the 19th at 1:00am and the doc. on call said that I could wait for my doc. to come in at 8am or I could do it then (c-section). I chose to wait for my doc. However, my contractions were 5 min. apart by 6am so the on-call doc. said we needed to get it done. It took them 5 tries to get my spinal in (no fun) and by the time they were finished with that, my doc. was in so he did the c-section anyway. Isabelle Rose was born at 8:16am and weighed 4lb 7oz and was 17 3/4 inches tall. Her big brother Maxwell James came at 8:18am and weighed 6lb 7oz and was 19 3/4 inches tall. The little buggers were 5 weeks early but are doing great.we all came home on thursday and have been trying to adjust to our new lives. They are sooooo sweet and beautiful. I love being a mommy, but it sure is hard. I think I have a touch of post pardum because I cry ALOT and for no reason at all. It's a yucky feeling! My dh is home with me for another week (thank goodness). Well, time for feeding

I'll try to send pics once I have more time

Missy

Old 02-26-06, 08:02 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Congrats to you!!

Old 02-26-06, 08:11 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Congrats on those babies!!
It's probably baby blues that you have. I cried everyday, all day the first 2 weeks! I think it's very normal! You just went through a very big deal!

Old 02-26-06, 10:06 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

CONGRATULATIONS Missy!!!! You and dh must be over the moon! How exciting! I really hope your baby blues go away soon. Make sure to post some pics. I'll keep lurking over here for them!!

Old 02-27-06, 06:13 AM
Community Member

Thanked 1 Time
Weekly Activity 20%

Congratulations Missy & Dh!!

Sounds like the baby blues to me too - all a normal part of those pesky hormones adjusting to no longer being pg

, if you don't start feeling better in a week or so I'd chat to your ped

Hope you have a smooth and quick recovery from the c-section!
I Love their names btw!
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools