Baby Corner

Old 08-13-11, 07:54 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Default incompetent cervix query

I lost my first baby at 21 weeks gestation. The doctors ruled out infection and any difficulties with baby. Now I am pregnant, 15 weeks. The hospital have been measuring the cervix since 12 weeks at every two week period. So they ruled out a short cervix. But are assesing to see if it is an incompetent weak cervix. They said by 20 weeks if there is no change they will be satisfied there would be no change and decide not to do a stitch. I am asking for some advice from women who have experienced this. Have people had cervix measured at 20 weeks which was fine and discovered it changed after that. I am petrified i will loose another baby and really want to carry this baby for as long as is safe before i can deliver, pref beyond the 36 week mark. would really appreciate any feedback people have of this situation.

Old 08-13-11, 08:56 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 152 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%

Hi i was checked weekly for this also. They tried to stich me up at 14weeks, but could not do it because they could not get to my cervix enough because of an issue i have. So they monitored me througout my pregnancy with ultrasounds and i went on bedrest and did home monitoring which helped me feel better. I had some issues though and the common side effect of this could be incompetent cervix so they were very cautious. Good luck... If you're not comfortable with it you could ask them to keep monitoring you with ultrasounds i would think?
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools