Baby Corner

Old 07-18-06, 09:53 AM
Community Member

Thanked 64 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 2%
Default My Poor Baby

Well she had her first set of shots yesterday and man last night was not fun, worse then when she was up every 2 hours. I felt soooo helpless. She was running a fever when I picked her up from Daycare, 101.5 rectally, she was just moaning, like in pain, so when I got her home gave her more Tylenol, which seemed to help, but then she started throwing up. So we bathed her and changed her, tried to settle her but she just cried and whaled...I felt so bad for her I know she was hurting. So I gave her some apple juice later, and she threw that up. Needless to say I have had 1 hour of sleep...and my second day at work, she was a little better this morning, not moaning as much but still moaning, but at least when I changed her she was starting to coo again and smile. Has anyone else experienced anything like this...I was 2 seconds away from calling the Pediatrician last night, but she finally settled down and was able to sleep and her fever broke. It is hard when you don't know what is wrong. I just cried, I love her so much and did not like seeing her like that. And I felt a little lost too....but I am sure it is all a process of learning, thanks for letting me vent. Of course DH slept like a baby.

Old 07-18-06, 10:35 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 2%

Both my babies were miserable after their shots but not as bad as your little peanut. My pediatrician told us to give them tylenol round the clock every 4 hours for the first 24 hours to try to prevent a fever and to help with their aches. My sisters little boy used to have terrible reactions to his shots. They chose to stop giving them to him until he got a little older and was better able to handle them. I don't know whether your daycare would require them though, I know schools do? Hope she is feeling better. Wait until teething begins

They go through days of being miserable and in pain....it's really hard to see them like that.

Old 07-18-06, 12:19 PM
Community Member

Thanked 64 Times
Weekly Activity 2%

Tx Missy I hear ya. She is doing better today but still not 100%. I wished I had asked the Dr. if we could give her the Tylenol every 4-6 hours I know it helps alot...the Daycare can't give meds w/o a note from the Dr. so she was pretty much on her own. Bad Mommy. Yeah her school requires the shots so we have not choice, I will be better prepared for the 4 mths shots though. I hope she and I can get some better sleep tonight. It is hard to see them like that. When does teething start? I am sure last night was the first of many more sleepless nights.

Old 07-18-06, 05:13 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 2%

I don't know what the "norm" is for teething. My pediatrician said that the kids are a bit early. They started teething around 41/2 months. They both have a few tiny teeth just at the surface. They are grumpy little droolers right now

Old 07-18-06, 08:08 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 2%
Unhappy

Ah, Allison,sorry your little darling had to go through that, and you only on your 2nd day of work. I am glad things are getting better, hopefully you will get a chance to rest. I don't do very well when my lil pooh gets shots.

Post Reply Post New Topic  

« Bedding | Found It! »

Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

July 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner
July 2018 Winner
Congratulations Willow!

Calculators & Tools