Baby Corner

Old 06-26-08, 10:37 PM
Community Member

Thanked 2 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Cool Natural at home birth

My boyfriend and I decided that we are having a home and natural birth. We have an appointment with a midwife that does home deliveries tomorrow. We will be getting a birthing pool or maybe using our tub. Our decision was solidified after watching "

" I suggest every mom or mom to be watch this documentary. I would love to hear stories, get advice or follow links. Thanks!
Thank you pregnants!
LadyRebekahMomAlot (01-28-09)

Old 07-14-08, 04:45 PM
Mommy to Cally!!!

Thanked 3 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Hi! My husband and I are planning an a home birth with our little boy due in September. We had a beautiful and wonderful drug-free, natural and FAST labor with our little girl (thanks to walking a TON and Evening Primrose Oil!!!-ask your midwife!) We owe it mostly however to our Bradley Method training, and the fact that my husband performed SO well as a coach and we were so in tune with each other. He was my strength and my communicator when I couldnt be strong and speak for myself due to such intense labor. We are SO excited about being able to be at home in our own environment during labor without the annoying rigidity that comes with hospital births so often. I am also looking forward to the fact that I get to have my daugther with me here and I dont have to be away from her for no reason just because it's "hospital rules" to stay for 3-4 days after birth. Anyway, my advice would definitely include finding a Bradley instructor in your area. Classes are $300 but SO important and worth it! Also, ask your midwife about evening primrose oil (not just taking it orally, but inserting it vaginally after 36 weeks, or whenever you feel you're ready) Make drinking Red Raspberry Tea part of your daily routine. Make sure you use organic, though as they spray raspberry leaf a LOT! Contrary to popular belief, it does not send you into labor, but simply tones your uterus and gets you ready for labor. I hpoe this helps... If I think of anything else I will let you know. Keep us updated on the pregnancy!
Thank you HIMommyof2!
pregnants (09-29-08)

Old 07-14-08, 04:57 PM
is loving her husband and children!
Administrator

Thanked 1,189 Times
Level: 10
Weekly Activity 86070%

Congratulations and best of luck with your pregnancy.

Home births are not permitted in Ohio. I'm high-risk anyway so it wouldn't make a difference to me, but they are outlawed in Ohio.
Thank you Dopey406!
pregnants (09-29-08)

Old 07-14-08, 06:03 PM
is overwhelmed
CL & Mommy 2 Three

Thanked 387 Times
Weekly Activity 1220%

Congratulations on making a choice and taking charge of your labor and birth plan.
Dh is super against at home birth, it is too scary for him. I have other medical issues that could come up during labor and birth and so we chose a hospital. Good luck with it all I would love to hear how it goes

Thank you Valleygirl!
pregnants (09-29-08)

Old 08-08-08, 02:39 PM
Christian Member

Thanked 32 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Well, congratulations on choosing homebirth! Its a great option for low risk mothers and babies. I had my daughter at home and it was a much better birth experience than my hospital birthed son.

I hemorrhage after birth and was able to have a pitocin shot after my homebirth and did just fine with it. So, even for those of you who think you are too high risk to have a homebirth, you could speak with a homebirth midwife to find out if you truly are.

pregnants, I would also suggest reading some books by Ina May Gaskin. I read her books when I was PG with my DD and loved them. I even read the one that was more aimed at midwives, but loved all the birth stories in it.

I totally plan on having this next baby at home too as long as I remain low risk. Its much more comfortable and relaxing to be at home, especially after already having one homebirth.

Thank you tarziesgirl!
pregnants (09-29-08)
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools