Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Natural at home birth

Reply Post New Topic

  • pregnants pregnants's Avatar 11-22-08 | 09:19 PM
  • Thank you, I am so glad my baby isn't breech and we are going full steam ahead with the homebirth. I had a midwife appointment today and she started me on 5-W

    5-W (stands for five weeks). This herbal blend supplies nutrients supportive to the female glandular and reproductive systems and should be taken during the last five weeks of pregnancy. The formula contains iron for the blood and for vitality, manganese to support body tissues, and selenium to assist in healthy tissue growth. This combination includes: Black cohosh root, Squaw vine herb, Dong quai root, Butcher's broom root, Red raspberry leaves. During the last five weeks of pregnancy, take 2 capsules three times daily with a meal.

    I am excited to get things moving and I get to focus on getting Christmas FINISHED so I nothing on my plate for most of December. Yay!
  • LadyRebekahMomAlot LadyRebekahMomAlot's Avatar 01-28-09 | 06:05 PM
  • So, did you deliver yet? If so, how did it go?!

    My babe is still cooking, but it won't be much longer. I have all my birth supplies, midwife says all looks good...I'm just waiting for baby to give the signal. I will update after the birth.
  • Mariposa Mariposa's Avatar 08-15-09 | 02:03 PM
  • Congratulations. We are thinking of having a home birth, too. I've been interested in home births for a long time (I read Diary of a Midwife years ago, and then had the author come talk to my Women's Studies students, and I was very impressed by her), but then I'm very fond of my OB/GYN and her nurse practicioner, so I've been debating. But we went on a hospital tour the other day and now we are leaning towards home birth. As hospitals go, I think our local one is pretty good, but I didn't like the fact that the doctor will want you lying down during the last part of delivery, or that they won't let you videotape the birth of the child. I don't know that I want it videotaped, but I don't like the hospital telling me that I can't do it. Especially not since we were told that it is an insurance company policy so that if anything goes wrong, we won't have proof. That did not make me feel comfortable. So, now I have to interview some midwives and make the decision.