Baby Corner

Old 07-27-08, 09:40 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Exclamation need help about c-sec

well where do i start i am 23 goin on 24 i have 2 kids an one on the way i have a 4 year old son an i 2 year old lil gurl that will be 3 on sept 26. my due date is nov 4th but i am have a c-sec at the end of oct ........
but i need help from mommys that had c-sec i mean this is my 3rd c-sec but with mu son i went all the way under an with my lil gurl they give me a spinal an when they did it i had pain that went all the way down my left side an when lay down i cant feel my left side an i just want to no if any body else had that prob? cuz i am a lil scared to get it in my back again so plz if there is any mom out there that have had a c-sec plz give me sum help with this thank u steph

Old 08-15-08, 12:43 AM
Soon-to-Be Mommy of 3!

Thanked 309 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Well, you could always skip the scheduled section and have a VBAC, avoiding the spinal altogether... or you could ask for an epidural instead of a spinal. The needle isn't inserted as far in with an epidural, however, it takes longer to take effect. But it sounds like they hit a nerve with your previous spinal, something that is a (pardon the pun) hit or miss kind of thing - it might happen again, it might not.

Old 09-06-08, 12:16 PM
is a mother of 2 beautiful kids!
Grounded Dreamer

Thanked 510 Times
Level: 9
Weekly Activity 67520%

Sorry, my c-section went great and I didn't have any pain. Have you talked to the doctor about this?

Old 08-21-09, 01:41 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

i would say talk tto the doc about your concerns. I had a c section it went perfect and I enjoyed it lol SOrry no advice

Old 01-16-10, 06:39 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

i was in general anesthesia for my two cs this time i will try to ask for epidural. U can also opt for general anesthesia if u havent done any yet as for me i've done 6 so i dont want all my hair to turn white before its time
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools