Baby Corner

Old 04-28-05, 03:57 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Unhappy not doing well

ok...this is my journal entry from last night....

so very angry and frustrated, why can't the doctors help Lily? why isn't she getting better?
the doctors are not optimistic that she'll be coming home again...in fact, they've asked us to sign a DNR ( a do not resusitate order ). they don't think that putting her back on life support is in her best interest.
what do you do when they've given up?
my wild crazy plan for tomorrow is to get some sleep tonight ( those little 'magic' pills ), then at the hospital,demand to hold her all day, cuddling her close to my heart against my skin...maybe, just maybe, she'll rest enough to stablize. once she's stable, I'm bringing her home.
if it really is time for her to go, I'd much rather it be surrounded by the love of her family...not those that expected her to die.

......so we got there this morning and told them we were taking her home..and that we expected them to do whatever they could to help us get her there. I spend most of the day just cuddling her, while dh talked, threatened, and made the necessary arrangements. Lily will receive hospice care starting tomorrow..at home where she belongs!
tomorrow is a new day and hopefully we'll all feel more at peace once she's back home. her poor little body is horribly bruised ( from all the bleeding ), her digestive system has shut down, so she is just getting fluids through her IV.

Old 04-28-05, 07:27 AM
CL & Mom22boys!

Thanked 15 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

My heart is filled with such agony for you, Brenda. I have heard similar words, seen expressions on faces that given up while I wanted to continue to fight for my baby's life. It's such a difficult time for everyone involved, including the doctors. I truly believe that there is no worse feeling in this world, then to see a baby in pain.

I truly wish that I could be with you at this time.

I am at such a loss for words, but please let it be known.. I continue to pray for Lily, you and your family.

Old 04-28-05, 09:46 AM
is enjoying life!
Another Perfect Day

Thanked 1,422 Times
Weekly Activity 1620%

I have no words to express the sadness I feel for you and Lily.

I so wish things were different.

Old 04-28-05, 09:58 AM
Community Member & Momma

Thanked 7 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

I am so sorry. I am in tears for your family. Just remember that there is an angel watching over your little one.

Old 04-28-05, 10:35 AM
Jonathan & McKenzie's Mom

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

I'm so sorry, Brenda. Lily is in my thoughts and prayers. You're such a wonderful Mommy.

Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools