Baby Corner

Old 04-02-06, 04:33 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Default Not an easy ride!!!!

Hi ladies...sorry I haven't been around lately. Being a mom is ALOT harder than I thought it would be

I give you so much credit Glinda...having twins is rough. Both babies have reflux. Isabelle is worse and she has to have an upper GI on wednesday to make sure nothing more is going on. Monday both babies are having an u/s on their hips because they were breach for so long (to make sure hips are in place). Both babies have thrush right now and they have such severe cases that they don't want anything in their mouths. They aren't eating well, they are horse from the reflux, and cranky as hell! So, needless to say I have my hands full right now. My mom keeps promising me that it will get easier. They are getting so big already. Today they are 6 weeks old

They have both smiled at me (which melts my heart). I can't wait until they feel better so they will smile more often.
I have actually been putting alot of thought into becoming a surrogate. Everyone has asked me why....my answer is that I know how devastating it feels to think you might never be able to have a baby and I was fortunate to have IVF work pretty quickly with me. So, if I can do that for someone else, I might just try. It's still up in the air and it wouldn't be until these guys are a bit older. I don't even know if I would be able to because of my age, but definately something to think about.
Anyway....how are all of you doing? A few of you are getting close to due dates (single digits). Leslie...how is motherhood treating you? I thought I would pass along that I went to my 6 week check-up on thursday and asked my total weight gain and loss. I gained a total of 45 pounds and have lost 40 of it. I don't feel like I have lost that much of it because it has shifted into more noticeable areas

I still can't fit into my pre-prego pants yet. Hope you guys are all doing well. Take care Missy

Old 04-03-06, 09:57 AM
Community Member

Thanked 64 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Missy-
Soooo good to hear from you wondering where you have been but can definately understand, why you haven't been around. Poor babies. I hope everything works out for you and them....I am sure it will. I can't believe they are already 6 weeks old, my how time flies...you probably are not thinking that at the moment. My baby is breech too, she has been this way for about 6 weeks...so they are going to give her another 3 weeks to turn if she doesn't then I will have a c-section. So let me know how the hip thing goes...is this something I should be concerned about too? or is it just because you had 2 and it was cramped? Just curious. Surrogate that is neat, I have thought about it too, I hope that you will be able to do it if you want to, that is very noble of you. Keep us informed. Congrats on the weight loss, that is fantastic!! where are you different in the hip area? How is the stomach going down?
Other than the still swollen legs and hands, I am plugging right along we have 6 1/2 more weeks, I can't believe it! I am going to be a Mommy. It is very scary and exciting at the same time. I have my shower this weekend so I am really excited about that.
Well Missy, please take care of yourself and your little miracles!! I can't wait to see their pics.

Old 04-03-06, 06:40 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Only 61/2 weeks left......oh my gosh! You must be sooooo excited

The u/s on their hips went well. Their hips are fine. I was told that it is pretty standard for an u/s to be done on babies that are breech when they turn 6 weeks. It doesn't matter how many you are having. It was pretty quick and painless. I would ask your doc. Have a great time at your shower. I hope you get lots of cute things. I loved opening all that fun baby stuff. My cousin is a surrogate right now and she is carrying triplets for someone. That would be tough! She has been all over the news around here because of it. I just think it would be very rewarding. Well, take care of yourself and that sweet baby.

Old 04-03-06, 07:42 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Hi Missy, I'm glad the hips are okay...I hope the reflux gets better soon, that has got to be difficult for everyone

I think being a surrogate is such a wonderful and selfless thing to do. I however am not that selfless...I find being prego exciting but really hard...I haven't slept for days, I get severe heart burn and headaches and have mmmm...let's just say I'm running to the bathroom most of the time....not fun so far. I am really impressed with your weight loss! I also am impressed that you only gained 40 with twins! Good work-you're probably the cutest mom around

Old 04-04-06, 12:50 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Sorry to hear about the babies illness, don't worry, it does gets better. Great job on the weight loss, I hope you are doing well, you did great throughout the pregnancy. It's great you're thinking of blessing others with a family also,
You go ahead and enjoy motherhood, you worked so hard to get there, we understand, and welcome your updates when you get a chance to post. Can't wait for update pics of your 2 darlings when they are feeling better.

Last edited by tichatte; 04-04-06 at 12:52 AM.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools