Baby Corner

Old 11-15-10, 09:37 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.67%
Default Opinions Please

Hello All, I'm new here and am not planning on becoming pregnant yet, though I look forward to the day and love children. I am in a serious, commited relationship and in my late 20's. We would just like to wait for our educations to be completed first...But of course I can't wait to be able to contribute here one day..perhaps I already can with my background in psychology/child behaviour/and always being in the classroom with children

But anyhow, I had a question and came here hoping for informed and mature responses that I may not get elsewhere.

I started birth control for the first time (My body hates it, I have a lot of symptoms)..I'm on the 9th day of taking them and on the fourth day (when the doc says it won't be protecting me yet) the condom broke. This happened on the last day of my period (just spotting). Are there any opinions on risk of pregnancy in this situation? I've had random spotting all week (on day 9 of the pill now). It seemed to end yesterday and was so small, the size of a button.. I've also been so tired and sick feeling but I imagine that's pill related since implantation isn't that fast? Any opinions are welcome. Thank you

Old 11-16-10, 01:03 AM
is reading!
Rudi - VIP CL & mom of 2

Thanked 681 Times
Weekly Activity 10%

I think the chances are pretty slim that you'd become pregnant.

The pill effectively eliminates ovulation by changing your hormones. You could become pregnant if you ovulate very early, before the pill stops you from ovulating. Based on the info above, I'm guessing the day of your accident would have been somewhere between day 4 and day 6 of your cycle. Most people don't ovulate before day 8 or 9 at the earliest (average is day 14, but typical for a 28-day cycle is somewhere between day 11 and day 19).

Old 11-16-10, 11:52 AM
is A blessed Wife and Mommy
Loving our babies!!

Thanked 795 Times
Weekly Activity 1.67%

I agree- because of where you were in your cycle it is very doubtful that you would be pregnant. Birth control pills always made me nauseous- especially the first week so that is probably why you are feeling crummy.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools