Baby Corner


 
Old 12-08-10, 12:16 PM
Community Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1
Thanked 0 Times
Points: 1
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Default Pregnancy and bulimia

Hey, I was wondering if anyone here has had or knows anyone who has had bulimia or another eating disorder while pregnant. I am 26 and 26 weeks pregnant with my second child and I have gained about 8 pounds so far. In the last few days I have somehow found the courage to eat upwards of 1800-2000 calories and kept them down, but today I faltered and binged and purged again. In the past when I had done this during this pregnancy it would mean that I would end up eating anywhere from 200-400 calories for the days that I binged and purged, but that amount has gradually gone up to where I make sure to eat 1800-2000 despite binging and purging many thousands of calories, by the end of the day. I am hoping that this might help me gain the weight I should have gained by now, as by this site's calendar I should be trying for 145 pounds this week. I am finally starting to look pregnant, and I'm hoping I will continue to. On a side note, I wonder if anyone else has an inverted uterus? I was told when I was 17 during my first pregnancy that I had an inverted uterus and that 20% of women do, the other 80% having a (frontal?) facing uterus. I am wondering if this might actually be part of the cause of my not showing much through this and my last pregnancy, as possibly goes for others who might not show as much. Although I have not gained much weight, the baby is measuring correctly for size based on the fundal height. And it is clear that my uterus is prominently above my belly button. But I think I might have actually lost weight elsewhere on my body to compensate for the calories that were going to the baby at the expense of my body. Anyway, just thought I'd throw that out there, see if anyone can relate.
Reply With Quote
 
Old 12-08-10, 10:43 PM
Chickie's Avatar
is is needing a day off!
Admin Team
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 12,129
Thanked 179 Times
Points: 513
Level: 8
Weekly Activity 49570%
Default

I have not personally had that experience, and I know nothing about bulimia, but I do think that it is a concern that should be addressed by a health care professional. I hope that you are able to find some support here at TBC to work your way through a healthy pregnancy.
 
Reply With Quote
 
Old 12-09-10, 01:14 PM
MrsS1stbaby's Avatar
is a mother of 2 beautiful kids!
Grounded Dreamer
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Northeast Florida
Posts: 3,488
Thanked 510 Times
Points: 685
Level: 9
Weekly Activity 67520%
Default

I agree with the above; even if I knew anything about bulimia and pregnancy, I would think that each individual's case regarding their body type, weight before pregnancy, etc would have to come in as factors and you and your OB and perhaps a seperate health/nutrition professional should all be working together to ensure you and your baby are healthy throughout your pregnancy.

Congrats and good luck!
Reply With Quote
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:10 AM.


Pregnancy | Fertility | Baby | Toddler | Free Baby Stuff! | Community | Baby Names

About Baby Corner | Advertising | Editorial | Contact Baby Corner | Terms of Use | Privacy Notice


Powered by vBulletin® Copyright © 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.