Baby Corner

Old 11-11-04, 05:06 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 0.43%
Default Pregnant or crazy!

You would think that since I have been pregnant before, I would know if I am. Okay, here is the dilemma.
I started AF on October 12
Stopped taking the pill on October 16
Cervical Biopsy October 20
BD on October 24
So, IF, and I mean IF, my body stayed on a normal cycle, AF should have been here November 9. I am also right on schedule, but been on the pill. I am nauseus, dizzy and just all around feel crummy. But I fell like AF will start at any time. I have Stage 3 Endo, so life is pretty painful. I have been hurting something horrible for a week, but no AF. I broke down today and bought a test and tested at lunch. I bought the Early test. Well, negative. The next part of the problem is that I stopped Zoloft cold turkey per dr. orders last week. I searched the net and found out that withdrawals are extremely common after Zoloft. Symptoms include nausea, dizziness, electric feeling in the head - I know sounds weird but I have been seeing "tracers" at times. So this is my question. Is my body trying to get back on track from coming off the pill, or am I pregnant and it didn't show up because I didn't using morning urine.
Thanks in advance!

Old 11-11-04, 11:44 PM
Charlotte's mommy

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 0.43%

If you are really stressed out it could delay your ovulation. Also it could take a couple months for your cycle to return to normal after you stop taking bcp. If you bd'd on CD 12 on your first cycle after stopping bcpIs it's unlikely that you're pregnant but I supposed anything is possible. Is it because of your endo that your doc had you quit Zoloft cold turkey? It could very well be withdrawls of the Zoloft that are making you feel so bad. I took another antidepressant (Paxil) for two years and when I missed a dose I felt terrible. When it finally came time for me to quit them my doc prescribed me a lower dose. I took the lower dose for awhile and I felt fine. Then I started cutting the lower dose in half and taking that. When I felt okay, I started taking the half doses every other day. It ended up taking me about two months to wean myself. I felt so much better that way than quitting cold turkey. Could your doc have you do that instead?

HTH

Old 11-12-04, 03:53 AM
VIP Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 0.43%

Bcps really mess me up and would definitely make me late. That and the effects of coming off of the Zoloft cold turkey is probably what you're feeling. If you feel like you may still be pg, then just get another test and make sure and use FMU. Then you will know for sure!
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

July 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner
July 2018 Winner
Congratulations Willow!

Calculators & Tools