Baby Corner

Baby, Trying to Conceive and Pregnancy Message Boards

Member Login

Baby Corner Message Board > Pregnancy Message Boards > Pregnancy, Labor & Childbirth Really need some advice - thank you!

Really need some advice - thank you!

Post Reply Post New Topic  

Old 06-15-06, 03:05 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Exclamation Really need some advice - thank you!

Hello everyone! This is my third pregnancy; first ended in miscarriage @ 7 weeks (began with seeing light pink blood, no cramping at first - there was no fall or injury, it just happened). @ 3-4 months later, got pregnant with my daughter; had preterm labor at 26 weeks (hospitalized for nine days), horrid morning sickness for months, and ended up on bed rest for several weeks before delivery at 37 weeks by c-section.

Am now pregnant again (daughter is 2 1/2) and this pregnancy is nothing like the previous two. Little nausea yet; blood levels/hormones are fine, but since week 3, I've had pressure in my lower abdomen/cramping, usually feels like a bladder infection (but it isn't one; they checked) I feel like I have to urinate constantly. Yesterday it felt like menstrual cramps. No blood yet, thank the Lord, but I'm scared, since I'm not far from forty and the last pregnancy had problems. The doctor said this isn't typical, his nurse says she's heard of it but that "if it's an eventual miscarriage there's nothing they can do".

Since this feels similar to the "not quite right" feeling before the preterm labor I had way back when, I'm VERY concerned. Or could this just be that I'm getting older, am pregnant & constantly picking up/taking care of a 25-pound child that I have next to no help with? (DH works a job where he is RARELY home and is not much on child care or housework when he is home). I love taking care of my wonderful little girl, it's the best job in the world. I just hope I can give her a brother or sister.

Any of you ever experience this? Please let me know; thank you!

Regards,Lady Q

Old 06-16-06, 02:01 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

I am sorry that you are feeling this way when you should be joyful and excited. try to remember that the uterus is a big muscle and with each subsquent pg we tend to feel everything more, plus the uterus remembers being pg..anyways, you can count on feeling alot more of the cramping and stretching of your uterus. you could also have what is called an irritable uterus..which is not fun at all and can lead to other complications. dehydration causes cramping also, it is very important throughout pg to make sure you are getting enough to drink. try your best to minimize lifting your daughter..get her to climb on a chair for you to carry her and then only when necessary. it can to be hard, but use a stroller more often too.
try to stay positive. hang in there.

Old 06-16-06, 06:53 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

I had that early feeling like I had a bladder infection too (even though I did not have one), I had suffered a miscarriage the pregnancy before, so I understand why you are feeling nervous. That bladder infection feeling went away for me around 8 weeks I believe and seems to be pretty common as I have talked to other ladies who have had the same feeling. Hope that helps!

Old 06-16-06, 09:56 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

My thanks to both of you, babyMarksMom & grushlk!

When I was pregnant with my daughter, they had mentioned the possibility of something called "irritable uterus", but had never fully explained it/said that was in fact what I had. Will ask my OB about this. Didn't think dehydration would be a problem this early on; I try to drink enough water, but maybe not doing enough; since I already feel discomfort down there, perhaps I'm unconsciously avoiding drinking the proper amount.

Not carrying my little girl will be tricky; mentioned before that H isn't much on child care/housework (it's the "woman's job", and since I am a SAHM and "do nothing all day" and he "has a real job", it's my responsibility) and and I have no help from family (they aren't interested or even emotionally supportive) or friends (mostly out of state; the one that is here works a lot of hours & doesn't have much free time herself).

Since my money is tight (H doesn't understand why I'd need much and carefully monitors anything I'll buy. I don't get luxuries; but he'll question me as to how much of "his money" I've spent on a quart of milk) I can't get a babysitter (H proclaims that his mother did everything by herself, what's "wrong with me" that I can't???)

My little girl is 2 1/2 & hasn't transitioned to toddler bed yet (believe it's way too early; she often takes a long time to fall asleep/plays/rolls about in the crib for a while after being put to bed, she'd merely jump out of the bed and run around the house). Potty training is in the VERY beginning stages; she likes sitting on it but doesn't quite make the connection yet (a friend told me if I got pull-ups at this stage, my little girl would pull them OFF without hesitation since it's fun to do ;-)

My biggest fear is miscarriage; the second biggest fear is that even if this pregnancy is able to continue (and I pray it does; I want this second child very much) I won't be able to tell the difference from this and if I have preterm labor down the road like I had with my little girl; the "not quite right" feeling is similar.

Grushlk, glad to hear the bladder infection feeling went away for you at 8 weeks. Because you've had a miscarriage before, you know that horrible fear that it will happen again. My doctor had said the discomfort I was feeling wasn't normal - hearing that scared me terribly. I am SO RELIEVED that both of you have heard of this before!

Thank you for lending an ear; it's good to know I can come to this forum to ask questions and talk. Will keep you all posted - thank you so much!

Regards,

Lady Q

Old 06-16-06, 02:53 PM
is reading!
Rudi - VIP CL & mom of 2

Thanked 681 Times
Weekly Activity 120%

I've had cramping at the beginning of both my pregnancies. The first ended in miscarriage at 12 weeks, but the second is going strong at 27+ weeks, and my little guy is moving all the time. If your doctor has ruled out any problems, I would chalk it up to the normal stretching of the uterus. Good luck to you, and here's wishing you peace of mind through your pregnancy!
Post Reply Post New Topic  

Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

July 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner
July 2018 Winner
Congratulations Willow!

Calculators & Tools