Baby Corner

Old 08-08-05, 09:44 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Smile Roll Call *august*

give us a wave

and let everyone know how you're doing. tell us how far along you are or how old your baby is now. we'd love to hear any tidbits about your new baby or what you might be experiencing during your pregnancy.

and we're thinking this week of Glinda and her new babies.

anxious to hear about their birth and to know everyone is ok and doing well.

Old 08-09-05, 01:49 PM
Soon-to-Be Mommy of 3!

Thanked 309 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Glinda had her babies?! That's wonderful!!

I'm still here and doing alright, actually I'm quite miserable but it won't be too much longer. According to my u/s last week I'm 39w2d, but the baby is very big already - the u/s was Thursday and they put his weight at 8lbs.1oz. So on Wednesday I have a doctor's appointment where if my cervix has changed (I was 2 cm dilated but only 10% effaced) and I haven't gone yet, we're probably going to set up an induction for the end of this week or Monday next week. Yay!! So like I said, not too much longer either way.

Old 08-10-05, 12:43 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

I'm still here, though not often. I'm 21 weeks today, and so far everything seems to be fine with the pg. It's a girl, which we're totally thrilled about. This has been a hard time for me, though, because my dad was diagnosed in June with terminal metastatic cancer and doesn't have much time left, in fact he probably won't survive to meet this baby. So I've been flying back and forth to my hometown a lot, which has been a logistical nightmare and very hard on my 2 year-old. I'm not sure what I'm going to do if he dies when I'm unable to fly...I guess drive by myself for 2 days to get to the funeral. Anyway, I shouldn't be getting ahead of myself. To my dad, the fact that this pg is healthy is the most important thing, and it's got to be the most important thing to me too.

Anyway, sorry to ramble, there's no good way to put any of this. I hope anybody out there who still has their dad will either call or give him a hug tonight. We should all be grateful for what we've got.

Hope everyone else is doing well.

Old 08-10-05, 06:23 PM
tired mommy of 2

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Sarah

to you and your Dad. I am so sorry that you and especially He has to go thru this. Take care.

Well I am not pregnant anymore but I still check in here all the time to read on all of your guys' progress and accomplishments!!

Kaden and Gavin are growing like weeds and amazing me every day with their smarts. We have been (well should I say "I" have been) talking more and more lately about having one more before we are done. With wanting to buy a house within the next year and a wedding to plan (YAY) I know that we will wait about 2 years to try, but just the thought of it makes me giddy!!

Hope you are all well and can't wait to read more birth stories!!

Old 08-10-05, 09:11 PM
Community Member

Thanked 4 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

I'm not pregnant either but I still check in often to see how you guys are doing! Maddy is 7 months old now and I can't believe I love her more every day. Truly amazing. Talking about timing for number 2, but I'm just still not ready to deal with TTC, progesterone suppositories, sore hips, etc. So I think we're going to wait till next summer to start on #2. Glad to hear everyone is doing well. Special hugs to you Brenda...I think of you often.

Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools