Baby Corner

Old 10-15-04, 02:52 AM
Community Member

Thanked 1 Time
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 0.37%

When my 2nd daughter was born , our first was in there with us. We decided just to see if she got to upset for it but she was fine and everything. She saw it all (she was only about 18 months) my dh said her mouth fell wide open when lauren came out lol. She was so proud of her baby sis when she got to see her and kiss her.

Old 10-15-04, 03:14 AM
VIP Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 0.37%

What you can do is what we did with our little guys. I got a movie showing birth from the library. First I explained how babies are born and explained that it can look and sound scary, but it's all ok and that mommy is fine. We watched the movie and they seemed fine. When the actual births came around, I had the babies at home. The door was left open and they could quite literally come and go as they pleased. If they were uncomfortable, scared, unsure - anything - they could leave. They all loved this and did come and go. It worked well.

When my last child (my dd) was born, I had an almost 5 year old and a 3 year old. We opted to bring them in as soon as our dd was out and on my belly. My dh "caught her" and put her on my belly and the Midwife showed our little ones the pulsing umbilical cord and explained it to them. They were fascinated and really did well with not seeing all of the pushing and noises that are associated with birth. It worked really well for us!

Maybe you could have a family friend or relative to watch your son and they could facilitate this.

Old 11-12-04, 06:29 PM
Christian Member

Thanked 32 Times
Weekly Activity 0.37%

Well, having a homebirth or at least planning for one my son can come and go as he pleases. We have watched many birth day and baby stories on TV. He has seen the babies being pushed out and the screams and cries. I've told him that it hurst while mom is in labor, but once the baby comes out you feel better. I have asked him if he wants to be there to see the baby born and he said yes. I won't make him be there, but he can be there if he wants. I think that it would upset him to miss it because that's his personality. My midwife also said that she didn't think that he'd be scared to watch it just by watching him while I was at her office. I guess we'll see.

Old 11-12-04, 06:36 PM
Banned

Thanked 5 Times
Weekly Activity 0%

Well unexpectedly Kevin (3 1/2) and Aiden (23 mos) were both with me!

Kevin slept (hey it was EARLY I woke them up at 4:30 for the car trip! Aiden watched and said 'mommy owie' and then 'mommy all better, baby sister here!'

He loves his sister.

Old 11-12-04, 07:31 PM
Long Time Member

Thanked 422 Times
Weekly Activity 0.37%

There was no way I was even considering -- and would ever consider it still.

And when they're older, I'd rather they be outside too.

I'm glad I never got to watch any of my younger brother and sisters be born (My mom gave birth to 5 after me... the last being when I was 20 years old). My mom didn't want her privacy compromised -- she's very private... and I guess I don't either.

I didn't even want DH looking down below. I wanted him at my head and not seeing a thing.
Post Reply Post New Topic  

Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

March 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner
March 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Wasim!

Calculators & Tools