Baby Corner

Old 02-04-09, 02:41 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%

I used a very thick body butter while I was pregnant. I didn't get any stretch marks until the last week of my pregnancy. I still have them but they aren't as bad as I thought they would be. I also use Mederma on them now, it seems to help!

Old 03-25-09, 09:41 PM
Lovin My Family!

Thanked 124 Times
Weekly Activity 120%

I tried several different creams and oils with my first pregnancy. I even asked my OB if there was some way to stop them. She said that basically the elasticity of your skin is hereditary and determined by that. She said if my mom has them, then so will I, sure enough she was CORRECT! My mom has really bad stretch marks and now so do I. I would suggest that you continue to use any safe creams or oils because they will help with the constant itching. Otherwise, its just a waiting game to see what happens, but chances are, according to my experience, if your mother has them, then most likely you may get them as well.

Old 05-30-09, 10:46 PM
Community Member

Thanked 86 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Also be sure to not forget about the other parts of your body that grow. I lotioned my belly like a pro and forgot all aout my hips and breasts. Those were the only places that got stretch marks. Now this time I make sure and moisturize all over thouroughly. I haven't had any new ones at all and I'm now almost 25 weeks. Good luck!

Old 07-12-09, 06:09 PM
Community Member

Thanked 1 Time
Weekly Activity 20%

With my first pregnancy i avoided stretchmarks completley by using pure aloe vera, straight from the plant! i applied it every day morning and night, i also bought an aloe vera gel form my local pharmacy, it was all natural ingrediants so there was no chance of harming my little bundle! Ive also used body butter, Elasticity Belly Oil and various moisturisers and elasticity creams that increase the elasticity in your skin, they all worked well for me and my girlfriends although everyone is different from my experience aloe vera is the best, it even works after you have them to remove them!its a magical plant!!
x

Old 07-12-09, 11:46 PM
Community Member

Thanked 248 Times
Weekly Activity 520%

I've added a few with each pregnancy but really got hit hard this time around. I didn't do anything different, I use a thick cocoa butter lotion on all the parts that grow including belly, boobs and hips. This time I did have severe hyperemisis and wonder if that could have contributed to them. DS is 4 and asked me the other day why I looked like a watermelon. Ouch! But I'm not going to stress too much, they came with my amazing kiddos. Mommyhood scars.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools