Baby Corner

Old 04-24-08, 02:13 PM
is tired of sneezing
Mommy to 2 Boys

Thanked 117 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 820%
Default Telling people

How did you all tell others that you were expecting?

Old 04-24-08, 04:54 PM
is a mother of 2 beautiful kids!
Grounded Dreamer

Thanked 510 Times
Level: 9
Weekly Activity 67520%

Dh and I took the test "together" so I didn't have to tell him. We told friends bit by bit, it sort of slipped out. (No, I can't have a beer. Can't have one for awhile....) Some of them found out from other friends who were sworn to secrecy...that didn't work out. Dh told his parents over the phone the same day we took the test. I waited till Christmas to surprise mine; I wrapped the "pee stick" up as a present. We told my younger sister and her Dh on Christmas day while opening presents as well. My older sister got an email surprise b/c I thought my mom had already told her. We told Dh's grandparents formally, sitting down in their living room. But we suspect that our SIL or my Dh's brother already told them. Oh, and after I hit 12 week mark, I annouced it on my MySpace page. So, eventually, everyone knew. I think next time around, we will try to keep it more of a secret so we can make a big annoucement.

Old 05-25-08, 12:55 AM
is lovin' my sweet girl!
Avery Claire's Mama!

Thanked 700 Times
Level: 2
Weekly Activity 2420%

My DH has a really big mouth!

But I kept it hidden from my co-workers (talk about hard since I work on the L&D floor) for 23 weeks!

Old 06-14-08, 06:11 PM
Community Member

Thanked 5 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Wow! I can't keep a secret to save my life. Pretty much everyone knows by the time I hit the second month. :-)

Old 06-16-08, 09:36 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

I took a photo of my HPT and send it to my cell phone. My fiancee pretended to take a picture of his and sister and her husband while they were sitting across the table from us. When he went to show them the picture of themselves, what they saw was my BFP!!! He's pretty creative.

For my mom, stepdad, brother and sister, I showed up to my mom's house with a pink and blue bouquet (blue hydrangea, pink carnations).

For my dad, I just told him the reason I had to cancel out on our annual Father's Day fishing trip was because - yes, my belly wasn't feeling well - but that it wouldn't be for the next nine months

For my future in-laws, my fiance just made a big announcement to everyone at our father's day get-together!

For my long-distance friends, I sent them a link to my live journal

).

And we are waiting to tell our local friends and co-workers until we are through at least the first ultrasound, if not the first trimester altogether.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools