Baby Corner

Old 07-17-08, 07:59 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Default terrified

i am a new mommy , my due date is oct 14th,
i am only 18 years old and i am terrified of giving birth.
i dont know what to do i am totally stressing myself out about my daughters arrival.
the doctor says she is a healthy normal sized child with no problems so far which makes me estatic but the thought of giving birth terrifies me...my mother had a grand maul seziure 7 days after i was born and it brain injured her for life until she past away may 10th 2006....i am almost certain thats why i am so scared,....please anybody who has any advice or just has anything to say at all, please get abck to me!
thank you so much

Old 07-17-08, 08:33 AM
Kids... 24/7

Thanked 265 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

So sorry to hear of your moms passing.

I think EVERYONE is nervous about giving birth the first time!! I can see why you'd be extra nervous considering your age, and your mothers history.

I assume you've told your OB/GYN about what happened to your mom... and I know they'd be extra cautious & keep an extra close eye on you due to that!!

But the fact is, that you will most likely be JUST FINE!! Childbirth will start & end... usually in just one day or part of one. There is a "finish line" to look forward to & what a great "prize" you'll get in the end!!

Do you have someone to support you during labor?? Boyfriend/husband, maybe an aunt or friend??

Welcome & best of luck to you!

Old 07-17-08, 02:40 PM
Community Member

Thanked 30 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Come join us on the Due date boards! We will help you thru this!! I am due 10-10!
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools