Baby Corner

Old 09-27-11, 10:37 PM
is a mother of 2 beautiful kids!
Grounded Dreamer

Thanked 510 Times
Level: 9
Weekly Activity 67520%

Hi! I desperatly wanted a VBAC with my 2nd, who will be 4 months old on Saturday, but in the end it did not work out and it turned out to be the best to have the 2nd c-section. I read all I could on the subject & spoke to my docs about it. They agreed I was a good canidate. The majority of my docs were on board 100%; one was a little ready to just schedule the surgery right away.

If your docs agree, I'd say go for it! I was a little sad the night before my surgery & for a bit afterwards, but how can I stay upset when I the end result was my adorable baby boy with the dimple like his daddy and my eyes? No matter how they arrive, they are precious!

Old 09-29-11, 09:41 PM
Community Member

Thanked 1 Time
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%

Thanks everyone! This eases my mind a ton! Maybe its worth a try. Here's hoping things will go well. If one child is breech are there any statistics that would make the second one have a higher possibility of it?

Old 09-30-11, 10:49 PM
is a mother of 2 beautiful kids!
Grounded Dreamer

Thanked 510 Times
Level: 9
Weekly Activity 67520%

I am not sure of any actuak stats, but I know in my case my 1st was breech, but my 2nd was not. He was in position and even dropped a little towards the end.

Old 10-01-11, 10:40 PM
is wondering how much more I can take!!
Community Member

Thanked 109 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1020%

I have never heard of there being a higher chance of your next baby being breech after the first one was but I have heard of A LOT of people having a breech baby and then having several babies after that without them being breech so I would say it probably doesn't matter. Good Luck

Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools